At The Foundation

We followed Michael and KITT who drove in front of us, leading the way. Since I didn't know the way to FLAG and wanted to gain their trust, it was really appreciated. Well, at least from me. KARR refused to speak for a while, leaving a rather uncomfortable silence in the car. After a while I decided to break this silence. I asked, if he could turn the radio on. He did, but without a comment. Sighing, lI listened to 'Highway to Hell' for a while, until he finally said something.
  "Strangely fitting, isn't it?" I heard his controlled voice.
  "I know, right?" and laughed a little bit.
  I was curious as to what he was going to say, and therefore didn't talk too much.
  "... Why did you protect me like that earlier? You know about me, my past... And that I don't and can't care about anything... So, why?" No emotion, just a 'As a matter of fact' voice. The fact that his voice was so emotionless kind of threw me off. I thought a while, then replied:
  "See this as a third chance. You COULD have left at any moment, you didn't have to call me neither when KITT and Michael showed up. No one would have blamed you. And yet you listened to me and didn't harm anyone. You pulled yourself together and you still do. I do this, because I trust you. But don't use this against me. Please", I added, to not sound like I was threatening him or something like that, I didn't care either if I sounded naive. Everything I said was true. I now fully trusted him, even without knowing why or how, but if just happened. Maybe because we spent so much time together. Silence again.
  "Thank you. For... everything."
I was stunned for a second. Then I replied with a smile:
  "You're welcome."

We arrived at the semi, it stood at the right side of the road. Me and Michael got out, I could tell that he didn't know what to think of me. He didn't look at me. He also seemed really lost in his thoughts. And me? Well, I turned around, knowing KITT and KARR, they would probably saying rude things to each other. That's why I  told KITT and KARR to be nice to each other, especially KARR to be nice to KITT. Michael chuckled lightly, and I gave him a smile.
  "So... How did you two meet? I mean you and KARR", Michael asked all of the sudden. I immediately replied:
  "That's something that I'll explain when we get to the Foundation", I told him. It would really be best if the others heard it too. Less explaining for me. He seemed a bit disappointed at first, but hid it pretty fast and good.
  "Michael, do you mind explaining who this young woman is?" I heard a British sounding voice say as soon as we got in the semi.
  "This is the woman who caused the rumors", and I rather shyly waved, still with a confident smile towards the man who I thought spoke.
  "I'm Chlara Mistić, nice to meet you all", I said, and turned to everyone.
A young man in streets wear stepped up to me first, held his hand towards me to shake, and introduced himself to me as Reginald Cornelius III, but he winked and told me that RC was fine, too. I shook his hand happily. Then a woman with brown, long and curly hair did the same and introduced herself as Dr. Bonnie Barstow, but I could call her Bonnie. And last the man with the British accent introduced himself as Devon Miles, but most called him Devon. I shook his hand too.
  "So...?" Michael began "Are you gonna explain everything or?"

(Timeskip after explaining)

They were... shocked to say the least. Michael was this time the first one to find his voice again.
  "Where's your proof?" sounding nearly provocating. "You can't expect us to believe that without proof!"
  That was quite true. So I created the same dragon I made when I first met KARR. This time, however, I made four of them, two were made of water, and the other two were made of fire. As soon as the others saw the dragons fly around, doing tricks and occasionally breathing fire, they were completely amazed. I told them that it was safe to touch them. As soon as they did, they were even more amazed. I laughed and told them that I had to make them disappear. I was met with dissapointment. Then Devon spoke up.
  "I only see one option... She will be an agent of FLAG", Devon said to everyone's surprise, including me. Me? Working with my childhood heroes? A dream seemed to come true.
  "Really, Mr. Miles?" I asked with big happiness, that you only see in kids eyes.
  "Yes, Miss,... What was your name again?"
  "Just Chlara, sir. Thank you very much, you won't regret it!" I said full of energy. I would never make him regret his choice! But then Michael said something that damped my excitement.
  "What about KARR? What do we do with him? She seems really protective of him", I could hear disapproval from his voice, and Bonnie seemed to be worried too.
  "Michael is right. KARR won't be afraid to use violence against us!"
  "Leave that to me, maybe I can change his mind about you all!" I sounded more confident than I was.
  I only hoped that in the mean time, he hasn't been rude to KITT. But as we got out and went to the two, they had a surprise for us we definitely never would have expected.

  We saw the two, facing each other. But the weird part was that they had a normal conversation. No rude sarcasm about the other one, no threats, but an actual conversation about their drivers. When we got there, we only heard a "Good, you've finally met the others" and no "WHERE WERE YOU!? WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME HERE WITH HIM!?" I told him about me joining the FLAG, and I only got a "Good" in response. I was just smiling at the fact that I didn't have to fear an argument between the two. Then, after a short drive, we got to the building where the FLAG resided and I signed some papers for the job.

  We were just driving back home when...

  "Chlara?"I heard him say
  "Yes KARR?"
  "Good luck gaining Michaels trust."
  "Yeah, that TOTALLY wasn't full of sarcasm..."
  "And thank you. For trusting me. And for giving me a chance."
  "No problem", I said, smiling like an idiot.

A/N: First off, thank you so much for the reads (324!). And votes. You don't know how happy I am when someone votes. Again, I'm open for requests and such. If you liked it, then please click on the vote button below, the little star. And don't forget to vote on every chapter you liked, not only in my book, but also in others. We authors are always happy to see that little star getting attention. And some critique would be really appreciated, like what you liked, what you didn't like, and what I could do better. Stay happy and tuned, have a nice day/night, and, hopefully, see you in the next chapter!