☾PROLOGUE☽

I DO NOT OWN TEEN WOLF. STORY LINE GOES TO THE AMAZING JEFF DAVIS.

I sit in the passenger seat of our little white Honda as the car speeds down the road through the rain. We were just heading home after visiting the Stilinski family, or what was left of it. Stiles mom died yesterday in the hospital.

I was too young to completely understand the amount of pain they were going through due to their loss, but I understood the concept. Mr. Stilinski lost his wife, Stiles lost his mom, Claudia was gone from our lives. I rest my head against the passenger window thinking back to the past few hours.

Stiles didn't say one word to me as we arrived, but he didn't have to. He was alive, breathing, that was enough for me. Instead I take his shaking hand and lead him to his room, past his father who was already downing a liquor bottle. When the door closes Stiles grips onto my shirt, his body shaking violently due to his sobs. I screw my eyes shut, desperately trying to keep back the tears, I needed to stay strong for him.

We lay down on his bed facing each other, my arms still wrapped around him. He pulled me closer to him, his breathing starting to even, no longer in panicked hiccups. His eyes soon shut close, cutting off my view of his hazel eyes. "I love you Stiles," I mumble before closing my eyes as well, burying my face in his warm chest. I knew he was already asleep, but I needed to say it to him.

I awake to find Stiles arms still around me. The only difference was that his bedroom light was on and my mother stood at the side of the bed. "We need to go hon, it's late," my mom says quietly, her voice hoarse from crying downstairs with the now widowed sheriff. I kiss Stiles on his forehead my lips lingering before untangling our arms and standing up. He mumbles my name in his sleep, turning in his bed restlessly. I really just wanted to stay with him, but I wasn't up to arguing with my mother at this hour.

Lifting my head off the window I stare straight ahead. Through the sound of raindrops hitting the windshield you could hear my little sister Carson's soft snores from the back seat.

Then it happened, it was all so fast. You could barely even see the blur of an animal run in front of the car. Not even having time to scream, the car violently swerves to the left, flipping us off the road.

Third person:

It was almost as if time slowed down as Stiles saw the turned over car. His knees buckle under his weight stepping out of the cop car. He falls back into his fathers embrace letting out a sob. They were always there to catch each other, but this time his father was the one that had to be strong for him.

Stiles could easily see the skid marks on the road leading to where the car lay now. He watches horrified as the paramedics pull out Cassie's little sisters body out of the car, her small frame limp. She was only nine years old. They delicately lay the little girls still body on the damp ground, covering her with a small white sheet that barely covered her tiny feet.

Mr. Stilinski tightens his grip on his son as they pull Cassie's body out of the wrecked vehicle next, but no amount of strength could prevent Stiles from breaking out of his grasp.

Stiles heart pounds in his chest as he watches the girl he loves being pulled out of the Honda, his whole world. He's loved her since he's laid eyes on her, and all he could think about is that he never got the chance to tell her that he loved her as he ran to the car.

The paramedic lays her on the ground next to her sister with a sullen expression. Stiles drops to the ground next her, hot tears streaming down his face. "She's not breathing!" He screams, picking up her limp body in his arms. The paramedic says nothing as the boy held the dead girl in his embrace, not wanting to upset him farther.

"Oh my god- Cassie no no no! Please stay with me, I need you, I need you so much," Stiles sobs, pulling Cassie into his chest.

Anything.

Anything would be less painful than this. His heart was ripping at the already torn seams as he looked over this beautiful girl, held her cold body that was so warm lying next to him just only a few hours ago.

Her body violently convulses, and then again before she inhales a sharp breath.

A miracle, the doctors had called it.

Paramedics rush to the two, but before they have the chance to take her away, Stiles kisses her. He moves his lips against hers, pulling her closer to him. This was Stiles first kiss.

When Stiles pulls away, his face hovering centimeters over hers, he unknowingly returns the three words that Cassie had given to him earlier that night. "I love you." Even though she was unconscious, he still had to tell her, because saying it without her knowing, is better than never having the chance to.

His father watches the scene unfold a few feet away. He watches as his son leans in and kisses the girl he's known for his whole life. In that moment John Stilinski knew that his son found love. He knew because he looked at his wife the exact same way. That that person in front of you mattered more than your own life, and that you would do anything for them. And when the paramedics took her from Stiles arms, he saw determination in his sons eyes. Determination to show this girl how much he loved and cared for her, no matter how long it took, which so happened to be two long years from now.

☾☾☾

Hi! I'm Trinity and this is my first fanfic, so super sorry if it sucks. If I get at least like two comments I'll continue, because what's the point of writing if no ones going to read it am I right? So anyhow I already have the story outlined and everything, all I need is two little comments.

xoxo