Chapter 2

Hunter's POV

Marshall folds his arms and furrows his eyebrows. He is so pissed! Now last time Marshall was mad was when we were about six and Jay ate his last cupcake.

Marshall is very good at hiding his feelings, but his dad just got back. The thought of his leaving again is probably tearing Marshall up inside.

"Dad what are you doing" I can tell Marshall is desperately trying to keep his cool.

"Oh" His dad quickly turns around, and hugs his son. "Well Marshall you see I'm packing I got another assignment. I'll be home is about six or seven months. You know where the money is and everything be good." Mr. Cage frowns as Marshall storms off. Mr. Cage then seems to have just noticed me. He smiles then pulls me into his room, and shuts the door.

"What the fuck" I say in surprise.

"Hunter I know you and Marshall are good friends, so I need to ask you a favor. Can you stay here more than you usually would to watch after Marshall. I'mma be gone more longer than I usually am, and I worry about him ya know. I know I've really fucked up our relationship and I'm gonna fix it when I get back." I nod as he shuts his suitcase and hurries out of the house shouting his goodbyes.

I roll my eyes at Mr. Cage.

"I won't believe it until I see it." I mean come on he says that everytime he leaves. I love Marshall to death. He deserves better, but I can't change his dad, so instead I'll just do what Mr. Cage said and be here for my love.

I leave Mr. Cage's room, and walk into Marshall's. He's sitting on his bed with his head in his hands.

I awkwardly stand in his room for awhile. Then I walk over to him and sit on his bed. I also put my hand on his back trying to comfort the poor guy.

Marshall moves himself towards me so that we are in an embrace. He is basically sitting on my lap, and has his face burried into my neck. My heart breaks as I feel him shaking slightly, and I know he is crying.

I start to rub his back, and whisper sweet nothings into his ear. When he finishes crying. I get him some tissues. Then we both realize how hungry we are. We then start to head off to Bricks for some food.

As we are eating I can't help but to worry. Marshall seems to still be upset. This is no good. Marshall never shows his emotions, so him actually showing them greatly alarms me. It probably terrifies him too.

After we're done eating we pay $13.39 for the meal. Then we say our goodbyes to all of the Bats in the bar. Finally we head back to the trailer in silence. Once we get to the trailer I sit down, and decide to tell Marshall what his dad said.

"So Marshall your dad said to me that since he's gonna be gone so long. I should stay hear ya know to keep you company." I say softly and carefully in case this sets him off.

Marshall then nods his head and puts it into my lap.

"Yeah Hunter, thanks" My heart almost just exploded then by how fucking adorable this kid is. I reach over and turn on the TV, and start playing with Marshall's hair.

Pretty soon Marshall falls asleep. I smile down at the pale boy. He looks so peaceful.

His hair lays across his forehead barley brushing his eyebrows. His ghost white skin makes the freckles that are littered across his face pop out. Like stars in the dark of night.

Soon I find myself also drifting off to sleep.

The last thing I saw before falling asleep. Was a ghost white boy with freckles and black hair.

A beautiful and perfect boy that would never feel the same way I feel about him.

Someone who could only ever see me as a friend. No matter how much I loved him.

A/N- SEE I TOLD YOU I WOULD UPDATE HEHEHE anywayyy poor Marshall wish his dad was there for him *tear* but at least he has Hunter (Munter is real) Welp that's it have a wonderful day (730 words)

-Jason