"no, tomorrow we're going out to dinner to tell them."

"you are so going to be the favorite kid, theyve been constantly on me ever since i told them max and i were getting married."

"violets kinda worried, cause we're not getting married or anything. i dont know i guess im not sure how theyre going to react."

"dude, i doubt their even going to care. youve been together how many years? and you live together."

"yeah i guess youre right."

"i wouldnt even worry about it, plus youre an adult. at the end of the day they cant do anything about it. but i dont think they'd have a problem, theyve never had strict views about kids before marriage anyway."

"yeah. im sure it will be okay too, but, we'll see."

"yeah well definitely let me know how that goes. you know mom, im sure the news will be all over facebook once you tell her so, if i dont find out through there first, give me a call."

"yeah for sure, we will."

"cool. well im super happy for you guys, text me once you set up a baby shower date. i know its down the road but i probably wont be able to visit any time before then."

"we will, nick." finally violet speaks, a gentle smile to her lips.
"we'll talk soon."

they say goodbye, ending the call as violet lets out a sigh of relief.

"told you."

her eyes roll to him,
"hate you."

he watches as she gets up to push the covers back, getting in bed as she seemed rather tired for such a long emotional day. finn follows her actions, leaving on the bedside light as he lies down next to her.
"i know its not that easy but, try not to stress about tomorrow, okay? the doctor said you have to rest as much as you can."

she feels his hand press against hers in between them as they linger in the air.
her glance caught in his endless dark eyes, reflecting in the yellow light to spark meadows within their color.
"you dont have to be nice to me all the time, you know?"

his eyebrows knit in confusion, nostrils slightly flared as his head flinches back, confused at such a barbaric statement.
"why wouldn't i be? youre always kind to me."

"thats a lie and you know it."

he sighs,
"you want to know the real reason?"

she nods as he does. finn wasnt afraid to admit it, for he had lived through the worst of himself and chalked them up as nightmares. something that happened, but banished to repeat itself.

he knew he was the cause for every insecurity shes ever had; because of who he used to be.

"because i want to be."

she stares to him blankly.

"you want me to insult you?" he scoffs.

she nods, a teasing smile to her lips.

"alright fine; if our baby comes out with my nose, we're fucked."

"you just insulted yourself."

"not really, its kinda your kid too."

"right, kinda."

"no but im serious vi, dont worry about telling my parents. its going to be fine."

"i trust you." she nudges him to turn off the light, turning her back towards him as she settles under the covers.

he adjusts next to her, his arm rested over her waist entirely as shes pulled close to him.

something unexpectedly clicks and violet thinks back to william, who she practically begged to get into an actual fight with. who for just once she wanted him to yell at her instead of a stern talking.

finn never yelled anymore and until then it had always gone unnoticed by her. she didnt mind, she didnt need it anymore.

it was a parallel that she allowed to pass by without thought.

for when she began to think

william would have let her take the design job in california, without adding complications.

william would have supported her through it and told her to stay as long as she needed, for he'd keep himself busy back in new york.

and that was why she lie in vancouver, in finns cinnamon and match scented apartment, with her clothes folded in his dresser drawers, and a blank picture frame to the desk; sitting in awaits for their childs picture to fill its blank canvas.

1185 wc