🎶

XXX

XXX

You laid on you back to look up at the shinning sky of the ocean as you wait for the young merman. On your hip you wore a belt with a sheath dagger tied to it. Your younger sister refused to let you leave home with out it. She also made you take bladed staff but that was stuck in a patch of kelp by the back of the boat. Yugi didn't seem like someone you needed to use a weapon against, but if you were wrong the dagger would be enough.

In your hair you wove in strings of pearls left to you by your mother and your sister showed up early to help with your makeup. She even brought a top from her collection for you to wear on your 'date'. You usually wear a simple cloth made into a halter when you went treasure hunting by the pier but otherwise you didn't bother with covering your breast. Sister also dressed you in a small hip skirt made from netting and decorated in color shells and stones. She wanted to put more jewelry on you but you felt over dressed already. You wondered for a moment where she swam off to after helping you get ready. She had also dressed up but when you asked about it she waved you off. "Maybe she found a male too? I wonder..."

The waters of sea around you was cool and quiet. A few smaller fish glided by in little groups and perhaps there were other creatures around, but their presence was not felt by you. The solitude comforted you as you closed your eyes and started to hum to pass the time. Thoughts of the merman passed through your mind but that seem to happen whenever your thoughts quieted.

The tone of your song trickled out as Yugi's face filled your mind. The tone turned sweeter when you remember the courting dance, he did for you and how the two of you played a game of chase. A group of tiny fish swimming near your tentacles moved away as they swayed to the rhythm of your song. The song in your heart swelled needing to escape and out came your voice echoing in the water. It was not often that you sang but the feelings that came when you thought of the merman were too much to keep inside.

You laid on the roof of the boat singing till another voice joined yours. Eyes flew open and above you the merman from the other day looked down singing back to you. You rose up on to your hands as you listened to him. Your face heated as a smile broke onto your face at his song till it was too much not to joined in. The song of merfolk needed no words to have meaning. What was felt in the heart combine with the intent of the song is what gave it meaning. It was in your melody that Yugi first heard how flatter you were by his courtship and the joy you felt at seeing him again.

Yugi's heart became enraptured by the depths your emotion and by how beautiful you looked with the pearls glowing in your hair that he replied to your song. To you he sang his longing for you and the desire he had to know you. He watched as you smiled up at him and sang along with you. Your voices blended together reaching out like hands seeking to intertwine with each other. You fell back on the ship singing your song and raised your arms up to him to invite him into your body. Yugi swam down unable to resist your invitation. Your song stopped. Cut off by giggles and a kiss that was worth of a song of its own.