25. Why There Was A Boy in the Girls' Locker Room

Começar do início

Why did girls' clothing have to be so, um . . . GIRLY?!

It was a shimmery baby-blue one-piece bodysuit thing, with a sewn-on silver metallic cape and a tacky mom belt!

The ultra-stretchy, shiny leotard fabric looked like it could easily expand to fit me and three members of the soccer team.

A sheer skirt decorated with sequins and sparkly snowflakes was neatly folded on the top shelf, and I planned to leave it right there.

Sorry, but that outfit was a HOT MESS! All I needed was a glittery pink BLINDFOLD to complete the look, and then I wouldn't have to actually SEE myself.

I also noticed that the shoe bag was monogrammed with the letter (idk insert the first letter of your name).

I know quite a few females whose names begin with that letter, like (idk insert names that begin with the same letter).

Obviously, their names AREN'T as POPULAR for teens as the name (Y/n), but I was homeschooled, remember?

And (the names you inserted earlier) are nice, elderly ladies who hung out at my grandma's house and played bingo on Saturdays at the senior center.

Did I mention that (one of the names) makes REALLY GOOD snickerdoodle cookies?

Anyway, I spotted a crumpled packet of papers on the floor of the locker. It was a script for the play The Ice Princess and a cast list. And the only person in the cast whose name started with (first letter of your name) was (Y/n)!

So there was no doubt about it! I was RAIDING (Y/n) (L/n)'s PE locker!! NOOOO!!

That totally made me a SICKO, right?! I turned red with embarrassment and slammed her locker shut after getting the costume.

Sure, I felt like a total CREEP borrowing my crush's another student's clothing.

But I HAD to get rid of my cold, wet, stinky, sewage-covered clothing because it was probably a BIOHAZARD!

What if the bacteria I was carrying in my shirt pocket was more deadly than the BUBONIC PLAGUE?! I could accidentally KILL OFF all of HUMANKIND!

So, in my heroic attempt to save the world, I made the decision to borrow (Y/n)'s Ice Princess costume.

If I took it to the dry cleaner and placed it back inside the locker after I'd worn it, she'd never even know it was missing.

Next I needed to find some shoes.

Although my new nickname is Cinderella, I was NOT feeling that three-inch-tall, fake-diamond-encrusted, princessy, um, footwear. . . .

I had better luck scavenging in the lost-and-found box

I snagged a cool pair of leather boots with buckles, perfect for riding a fast and furious motorcycle. . . .

But that wasn't even the BEST part!

I also found a CELL PHONE! And it actually worked! SWEET!

I decided to borrow it temporarily, just in case something went down and I REALLY needed to use it. Having a phone made me feel like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders—once I got the comic book back, I could use it to call the police.

I quickly changed and tried not to think about the fact that I was wearing (Y/n)'s clothing. Even though I knew I was going to look silly, I couldn't resist checking myself out in a nearby full-length mirror.

"WHOA!!" I muttered to myself as I blinked in surprise.

Yeah, I'd probably get laughed at or punched in the face at school.

But I'd get mad props and a dozen fist bumps at COMIC-CON! . . .

Seeing myself in costume didn't make my head explode like I'd expected

I almost looked like a middle school version of Spider-Man. But with a cape and some kick-butt boots.

Strangely enough, I suddenly felt smart, strong, confident, and kind of . . . SUPERHERO-ISH!

But I totally agree with you. It was probably just the psychological side effects from breathing all those TOXIC sewage fumes.

I had completely SURPRISED myself by staying calm, breaking out of my locker, navigating through the school's vast ventilation system, and outsmarting a bunch of crooks.

And I hadn't even gotten myself KILLED. YET! So, yeah. Max C. has MAD SKILLZ! No doubt!

My next task was to figure out what to do with all of my stuff.

The costume had a back pocket that was supposed to hold a microphone receiver.

It was a tight fit, but I managed to stuff my journal and inhaler and the cell phone inside.

Since there wasn't room for my flashlight, I bent over and shoved it into the top of my boot.

FINALLY! I was ready to begin my QUEST to retrieve my dad's comic book and stop the burglars from stealing the school's computers.

But there was one thing that I WASN'T quite ready for: a strange voice from behind me that said . . .

"HELLO?!"

Ok guys, thank's for reading!! Tell me in the comments on how the story is!

(Btw plz check out my other stories!!)

Remember to vote, tell your friend's about this story, and to have a good morning/afternoon/night!!

1227 words