12. Setup for a Lockdown?

Lucky for me, I somehow managed to steer clear of Thug the ENTIRE rest of the day.

WHEW!!

So when the last bell finally rang at three o'clock, I decided the best way to avoid a run-in with him after school would be to hide out in the new computer lab for fifteen minutes.

Our brand-new computer lab just opened two weeks ago, and it's my favorite place to hang out.

It has that weird new-computer smell that only computer nerds can truly appreciate.

After three years and a dozen fund-raisers, the school purchased $100,000 worth of equipment.

But the best part is, I've NEVER seen Thug in there. EVER! I was chillaxing and having a blast playing Valiant Knights of the Galaxy. . . .

So when my watch suddenly beeped at four p

So when my watch suddenly beeped at four p.m., I was surprised that I'd been playing an entire hour!

It was eerily quiet, and no one was around. Even the computer lab teacher had cleared out.

FINALLY!

It was safe to make my escape and head home. I was SUPER happy that we had a three-day weekend.

And the icing on the cake was that there would be no Thug Thurston for an entire seventy-two hours!! WOO-HOO!

But, most importantly, I was relieved that I'd managed to SURVIVE yet another WEEK at school with Thug.

All while successfully AVOIDING another school year being homeschooled with Grandma. SWEET!! Right?!

Yep! Max C. had once again outsmarted Thug T.!

I did my VICTORY DANCE. . . .

Then I moonwalked all the way back to my locker

(Y/n)'s POV
———————————————————————————

I was in my last class of the day, staring at the clock just like the other students. Like the clock was somehow going to speed up the more intensely we stared at it.. yeah right.