"I didn't ask you to buy me! You should've just let Kate sell me to someone else! That would've been better." She spoke indignantly, her lips trembling. I watched them for a moment and almost had myself distracted at the sight of it, almost forgot her discrimination of me.

"Your thought of ditching you to some sex hub for earning and you're telling me it would've been better?" I asked incredulously. "I've never met any woman who would choose that kind of misfortune rather than being with me."

And that hurt my pride more than I was ready to admit.

"Now you do! Because with you, you offer nothing more than that kind of trade. You willingly offer me what? House? Car? Money? In exchange for what? To be carted into your room and into your bed and do as you wish?"

Natalia pulled her arm away, glaring at me with all the hatred she felt.

"You don't know what I've been through! You don't know how dirty I am already. No, I don't thirst for the convenience you could provide me. I'm better off without you."

"And as for the money you gave Kate, once I sell my paintings, I'll send the money back to you."

"You misunderstand! I'm here to ask you to help me and trust me I won't touch you like what you have in mind unless Chase takes over my body once again. What I'm saying is that once Chase appears I won't have the control to stop him from doing what he likes. I'm being honest to you Natalia. I'm not the kind of man you're thinking."

"I'm not a psychiatrist!"

• • • • • • •

Natalia's POV

Suddenly Adam's expression changed from a desperately angry visage to a darker one. Now, his true colors were showing. He smiled dangerously and his eyes flashed like the devil, he wet his lips and ran his eyes from my toes up and they lingered on the whiteness of my bare shoulders.

The look of him unnerved me. What's going on?

When he spoke, my skin pricked and my blood seemed to run out.

"We meet again." His voice was slithery and held menace. His fingers came up and brushed my shoulder. Instinctively, I moved away.

"Adam?" I called in a shaky voice, completely clueless of what's going on. It was as if he was a completely different person now.

"The name's Chase, woman." He took a step toward me against the wall and gave in a sinister laugh. "Adam's trying to get rid of me, isn't he? He's trying to use you against me."

"What are you talking about? You're Adam! Not Chase! Will you stop fooling around, damn you!"

He chuckled again and brushed his thumb along my jaw line, his touch icy-cold.

"Don't touch me!" I recoiled under his fingers and slapped his arm away.

"Brave. That's what I like about you. That's what makes you even more beautiful. I'm quite grateful that I wouldn't have to search the streets to find you. Adam found you for me. I'm very pleased."

His mouth twitched slowly offering me the sight of a man alike Lucifer. So, Adam wanted me around for Chase. For this man. Initially, Adam's words about his illness didn't convinced me, but as I was seeing this now, the other person in his body, maybe a certain condition like this truly existed.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be feeling this certain kind of sensation in my body that came to rob all the bravery I possessed.

And why was he talking as if we'd met before.