Chapter Ten

Mulai dari awal

However, the recent interest in Shigure's lover bothered Akito greatly. Not only had Amai stolen Shigure from her, but even Hatori and Ayame were spending less time in the Estate. She had even heard of Amai mending the brotherly relationship between Yuki and Ayame and even attempting to get Yuki and Kyo to befriend one another. They even celebrated their birthdays with Amai. Akito was not happy upon learning that Amai had thrown a birthday party for Shigure. When Akito tried to get Shigure to go to the Estate for his birthday, he had refused.

Shigure was unaware of Akito's anger towards Amai. Even when he visited in between, Akito seemed so calm. Unfortunately, unbeknownst to him, she had her own plans.

He wished to propose to Amai on the anniversary of their first date, which was only a month away. For that, he needed Akito's permission and blessing. He resented the fact that he had to but it was tradition.

While Amai was at work, he paid a visit to the Estate. He made his way to Akito's home and went to her room. He entered to find her sitting on the veranda leading out into the garden. He walked over to the open doors.

"Hello, Akito."
She didn't look at him. "I'm surprised you've decided to visit me, Shigure."

Her tone was calm but he could hear the bitterness in her voice. He knew that Akito had feelings for him but he could never reciprocate it. At one time, he was the only one who knew she was female and he still was the only one who could hold her back whenever she got angry. He was the only member of the Zodiac who wasn't afraid of her. But he could never love her.

With a quiet sigh, he knelt down. "I've been busy."
"With her?" She smirked sarcastically. "She taking up too much of your time."
"I would give all of my time to her, Akito. That's why I'm here."
She glanced at him from the corner of her eye before looking away again. "And what would that be?" she asked, her smirk dropping.
He looked directly at her. "I wish to propose to Amai."

Akito didn't say anything. For the next two minutes, she was silent. Shigure didn't know what she was thinking but part of him didn't want to know. And then she finally spoke.

"Is that so?" she asked almost in a taunting manner. "You know, I never did get to speak with her."
Shigure was weary about allowing her near Amai. "I don't believe that's necessary."
She turned her head to look at him. "I want to know the woman you wish to marry. Bring her here tomorrow evening."
"But tomorrow is the new year's banquet."
"Even more of a reason for her to come. If she wants to be part of our family, then she has to come tomorrow. Bring her here before the banquet," she ordered. "I'm not giving my permission before that."
His hands clenched into fists. "Very well."

With that, he got up and left. As he walked out of the Estate, he was stressed and nervous. He had no idea what Akito was going to say to Amai but he knew it couldn't be anything good. He wasn't afraid of Akito, but he was scared of what she would do to Amai.

Instead of going home, he changed directions and went towards the library. In that moment, all he wanted was to see her. Once there, he entered and made his way to the front desk.

"Hi, excuse me, where can I find Amai?" he asked the elderly woman.
"She's stacking books in the romance section."
"Thank you."

He made his way further into the library. There were random people dotted around reading books and studying. It was the perfect place for her to work and it was no wonder she loved it so much. Making his way to the romance section, he searched each aisle until he found her.

He couldn't help but smile as he watched her stacking the shelves. She looked so calm. As she turned to grab the next book from the trolley, he snuck up behind her. When she turned back around, she let out a frightened squeal. Once she realised who it was, she relaxed but placed her hand on her heart as it beat rapidly.