Chapter Eight | The Roar of the Fire*

Start from the beginning

He turned to face me, his dark eyes pooling with a hunger I was certain mirrored my own.

I pulled his face to mine.

Our lips met again and this time, it was like someone lit a match in a room filled with gasoline. The sparks were instantaneous, the kiss quickly turning passionate despite the darkness lingering over us.

When his tongue slipped between my lips, I could think of nothing but the yearning that was washing over me.

His taste, his scent, his touch.. I was overcome with need for this man. I climbed onto his lap and wrapped my legs around him, before pressing hot, wet kisses down his neck.

"Amelia," he sighed, tilting his head back to allow my tongue to trail along his Adam's apple.

"I know you're frightened, and I don't want to take advantage of that."

"Elijah, I need this and I think you do, too." I was panting now, feeling him grow hard beneath me as I ground down against his lap. I had forgone panties in my rush to dress earlier, but now I was glad; they would have been absolutely drenched.

His hands were gripping my waist, and I could feel his indecision. He was torn between being a gentleman and taking what I was offering so freely.

When I grazed the tender lobe of his ear with my teeth, I could almost hear his last shred of doubt slip away.

I unzipped my hoodie, shrugging it off quickly while maintaining eye contact with him.

His gaze was smoldering, and for once in my life, I wasn't afraid to get burned.

When I wrapped my fingers around the hem of my tee shirt, pulling it over my head, I could swear I heard him growl. His hands moved to cover my bare breasts, palming them tenderly while keeping his eyes locked on mine.

"You're beautiful," he whispered, his voice low and velvety smooth, before pressing his lips to mine. His kisses were hungry, his tongue sliding over mine through open lips.

His thumbs rolled over my tight nipples as I worked his hoodie back over his shoulders. I gasped when he tweaked them without mercy, feeling the echo of the sting in my core.

When I pulled at the hem of his shirt, he helped me slip it over his head, his hair slightly tousled from the effort. I ran my hands over his chest and sighed in appreciation of his beauty.

"Are you sure you want this, Amelia? Because--"

I bit down on my lower lip and felt the blood rush to my cheeks. "I'm sure. Unless you don't?"

He rose to his feet and walked us backward, until we were covered by the shadows of the patio.

"Oh. I want this." He pressed me back against the stucco wall, gripping my wrists in his hand with more force than I'd expected. Dipping his head down to my chest, he wrapped his lips around my nipple.

"Elijah.." I sighed, quietly moaning as his teeth grazed the sensitive bud. I was trembling now, my core clenching around nothing as I waited for him to touch me.

I could feel his cock pulsating against my warmth, cursing the layers of soft clothing still separating us.

Wrenching free from his brutal grip, my hands dropped to the button of his jeans. I opened them quickly, desperate to push them down his hips. My eyes followed the trail of soft, dark hair beginning at his naval, gasping audibly when he sprang free.

"Oh, yes," I whispered, my mouth watering at the sight. He was already rock hard, a bead of precum resting at the tip. I wanted to taste him.

But before I could drop to my knees, Elijah was tugging down my lounge pants with eager fingers. I kicked them off quickly, and his eyes widened when he saw that I wasn't wearing anything underneath.