chapter thirteen.

wow, i have a lot of people to disappoint 
- meowth  

- - - -

Inky darkness stretched for eons, disrupted only by a splash of pink.

Red eyes opened slowly and a groan broke the silence as Haruno Aoi sat up, "Where the hell...?" A sound of confusion escaped the pinkette as she forced herself onto her feet, "Is anyone here?"

The silence stretched on and Aoi made a frustrated noise, "Why the hell am I here!"

"Chakra exhaustion mostly, but you were bound to end up here at some point."

Aoi whipped around, horror was written on her face, "You're-"

"You?" An inky mass seemed to melt into existence, "Kind of, I'm less of the old you and more of a construction of your memories, one of those voices, as you labelled you. I guess you were right in a way though, you are schizophrenic."

Aoi frowned at what was obviously her old self and yet, a mixture of her new self as well, "You're only one?"

She - it? - hummed, "We thought if all of us came out at once it would overwhelm you, we just want to, we swear."

"And what can you do to help? With all of this I mean," Aoi paused horror turning to sheer grief, "I'm in the sannin era! I - I am in an unknown place with an unknown future! How am I supposed to change the future without altering it to much? How am I supposed to make sure certain things don't happen when it means others won't get a chance to live. I'm not god! What right do I have-"

"Shut up, Aoi. You're overthinking things, you're a shinobi, the moment you entered that academy you promised to hold your enemies and your friends lives in your hands. And no, you aren't playing god because you have morals from a lifetime of thou-shall-not-kill, if you didn't you would've bashed Orochimaru's head in the first time you met him."

It was furious, hands balled in fists and face twisted in a sneer, "It's your damn morals that keep you from forming any plans, so what if Naruto is never born? As long as you find Zetsu and end him everything will be fine."

Aoi whipped around, fury written on her face, "Naruto deserves a life! He's a hero, he deserves -"

"He doesn't have to be a hero!" It screamed, "If you do this than you could give him the life of a normal boy! If you do this than Obito will never come back to Konoha and he will not destroy Kushina's seal and they will live happily!"

"And then what happens?" Aoi sneered, "They get their happy endings but what happens to the Ame orphans? What happens to Hidan and Kakuzu?"

"Kill them," It sneered, "End them before they have a chance to make anyone else suffer, as for Hidan, you could become a Jashinist yourself, blessed immortality to last you for eons. You could fix things without worry of death, all you have to do is sacrifice some people -"

"You're sick," Aoi sneered, "If you think that I would kill someone mercilessly simply because I don't know them and want to live -"

"That's what you did with the Iwagakure shinobi! You took your mokuton and you twisted their bodies into a deranged art, do not look at me and say you will not kill because you just did and you aren't even wearing the hitai-ate."

"That was different! They were bad-"

"Because they were Iwagakure shinobi? If you were an Iwa nin those people would've been your friends!"

"You don't know that!" Aoi screamed in a shrill wavering voice, "You don't know that."

It sneered face twisting in an inhuman manner, "We're done talking, Aoi but when you realize that I was right, that the path you must take is the one I told you then you can come back to talk with me."