IX - BLOOD IS THE NEW BLACK

It's been almost a month since the situation with Jamel. I haven't reached out or bothered to be around him. When I see Shelly in the Cafe, I'll speak to her when she's alone because I'm always with Keith and his friends, or I would hang out with her alone.

Right now I'm sitting in the bleachers with Diana, Dean and the rest of the crew as we watch everyone practice for the homecoming game.

"So did you get the email?" Diana asks me about the Abroad program her and Dean seen me and Shelly at a few weeks ago.

"Not yet, I hope they let us know soon" I tell her, "I do think I want to do a semester abroad before I graduate" I tell her as Dean looks at me like I'm crazy.

"A semester where? That's a long ass time  to be away from home and alone. 3 weeks during a break is pushing it too" He says.

"I don't know, I want to go for the experience and see what else is out there" I smile. "I did apply to go to Turkey though, hopefully I'll get it."

"I'm sure you will, because that Greece trip has a waiting list because it has too many applicants" Diana laughs.

"Are you guys going to the party tonight?" Dean asks as he pulls up the flyer the Greeks are hosting.

"I don't think so" I laugh as he encourage me, "come on! It's a pre homecoming party, everyone free before 11 you have to pop out" Dean laughs.

"Fine, fine I'll ask Keith" I tell them.

"So what's the deal, are you guys dating?" Diana says looking at me.

I can't help but laugh as I shake my head "oh no, he's just my friend." I tell her. "Good, because that man is fineeeeee" she hums, "you boys can't have all the fun" she says looking between me and Dean.

"That was a dumb question, he's not even gay. Doesn't Keith talk to Tatiana?" Dean says looking at me.

"Yeah- He, he does" I say shaking my head nodding at the shock he's involved with someone named Tatiana. I don't look at Keith in that way, but I don't know why I feel kinda caught off guard as I sit back on the bleachers and just look out into the field.

-

"Rollin down the street, smokin indo, sippin on gin and juice
Laid back - with my mind on my money and my money on my mind" Keith sings as we drive back to his apartment.

I'm looking out the window quiet as he has his hand on my knee tapping the beat of the song as he raps along.

We pull up to his apartment heading in as we follow the usual routine, I do homework and cook while he showers and come joins me.

I hear knocking at the door as I go and open it and Tyler comes in with a bag full of glass.

"Wassup Don, put these in the freezer for me, I'll be back in an hour" he says sitting the bag on the counter before leaving back out.

I look in the bag and it's A lot of liquor.

"Are we hosting the party? Or going to it?" I think laughing as I start taking stuff out, reading the names of it.

"Yo you wanna get ready?" Keith asks me as he walks out in basketball shorts and slides as I turn off the stove. I made Salmon and shrimp, a quick snack before he starts drinking and everyone gets here.

"Yeah" I say walking into his room to get some clothes before getting in the shower.

I go to 'The Coven' group chat as I'm about to send the flyer to the party but I decide against it. I know if I invite Shelly she will bring Jamel so maybe I'll just enjoy this 1 night out alone.