III - Between the Cheats

I didn't say anything to Isaiah this morning. When I left for class he was still sleep so I got dressed and came.

"Earth to Donny?" I hear as I'm broken from my thoughts by Shelly as she waves her hand in front of face.

"Did you hear me?" She asks and I shake my head no.

"I'm sorry, what happened?" I ask as she begins telling me about Saturday night when her and Jamel went back to the party. We finished our assignment and the teacher dismissed us for the day, I only have this class and an online class on Monday so I'm free for the rest of the day until I go to my club meeting at 6pm.

"I'll see you for dinner at 7" I tell Shelly as I make my way to the bus stop to go to the coffee shop off campus get something to eat.

-

"Hey, can I get a large iced coffee with almond milk, a bacon egg and cheese on a croissant, and a corn muffin?" I ask the cashier as I hand her a $20 bill.

"That's a lot of food for a small person" I hear as I turn around seeing Keith smiling looking at me.

"Let's just hope I don't spill this drink on you" I smile stepping aside as he laughs out loud.

"Can I get a breakfast sandwich and a bottle of water" he asks the cashier handing her a card.

"Here you go" the other girl tells me as she hands me my drink.

"You know coffee isn't good for you right? It stunts your growth" he says walking past me taking a seat.

"So if I stop drinking it, I can be as tall as you?" I say excitedly

"You got jokes London"

"Oh he remembers my name" I laugh as he throws a straw at me.

"65, 66!" We hear as we get up to grab our food.

"Where you about to go?" He asks me as I grab my box off the counter.

"Back to my dorm, I have a online class" I tell him.

"Need a ride?" and I shut yes before we leave and walk to his car.

-

The ride to campus is short from his speeding and loud music. He pulls up to my dorm turning music down "you're a freshman?" He asks as I take my seat belt off nodding my head yes. He shakes his head saying cool before he reaches over opening his glove compartment.

"Here" he tells me before holding the gold chain up for me to take.

"I told you to throw it away" I laugh as she shakes his head.

"Nah, you can get rid of it" he laughs as I say thank you getting out of the car.

I walk up the stairs and head to my room with the food as I walk in and Isaiah is still in my bed sleep. I look at the time it's about to be 1 pm so I open the blinds and window letting sunlight come in.

I watch him stretch as I sit the food on my desk taking my shoes off sitting at the desk as he looks at me.

"Morning" he mumbles as I laugh saying "good afternoon." "I got you something to eat" I tell him getting up handing him the breakfast sandwich as I walk to the fridge and grab him a bottle of tea.

"Thank you" He says sitting up and taking a bite as he sighs wrapping it up and sitting it next to him. I take my jeans off and pick his food up putting it back on my desk as I climb in bed next to him. He begins crying again saying "he's really gone man" as I feel his grip on me get tighter. I let him lay on me as he just cries himself back to sleep and I take a nap with him.