Chp. 8

SERENAS POV

When I woke up I saw Toni lying on me, she was so beautiful, but seeing that black eye caused by her ex made me so mad. If I ever saw her face again I swear to god. My thoughts were interrupted by Toni waking up.
As we were having breakfast I thought crossed my mind. "I was thinking seeing as it is Saturday that maybe on Monday if I'm feeling up to it maybe I could come into school for half a day or so!" I said breaking the silence. I looked over at her, she didn't seem keen on that idea, "I don't know my love what if people make fun of you or what if you don't feel well during class?" She seemed very worried and looked like she was going to cry.
"Baby I think I'll be okay, I can come at the start of the day and if I feel sick you can drop me home at lunch time. And I'll be sitting down in all of my classes," I tried reasoning with her, she thought about it for a while longer. "We'll see how you feel Monday, if you want me to pick you up at lunch time even, either way we'll see how the weekend goes my love," she said, I just nodded and finished my breakfast. We didn't have to go anywhere today so it was finally a day to relax and not have to worry about being alone for the day, "I'm going to go have a shower," I said and kissed Toni then went upstairs.
When I got out of the shower and went downstairs Toni was smiling from ear to ear. "What?" I asked suspiciously, "we're going out, go put your shoes on,". She made me put on a blind fold and when we got to wherever we were going she made me sit in the car for 10 or so minutes with the blindfold still on.
When I took it off we were looking out over the most gorgeous mountain with such a beautiful view, she had set up a picnic, I was so grateful for her. "Baby this is gorgeous, how did you find it?" I asked smiling, "I've come here before with my family, there's a few hiking trails that we've done but I didn't think it would be appropriate for us today," I smiled, we sat there eating and talking, appreciating every second that we could.
On the way home Toni surprised with a trip to the cinemas to see Dumbo, it was so cute and I cried during it.
The rest of the weekend went by super fast, it was a good weekend for me I wasn't sore or tired and I felt great on Monday morning.
Toni drove me to school on Monday and I hoped that I'd be okay at least till lunch time. When we got there I gave her a kiss then went to find my friends, they were at their lockers and so grateful to see me, it made me glad that I went back to school. During the first two periods I got a few stares at the start but everyone ignored me as usual after that. During my second class i heard people whispering to each other, "I heard Serena is dating miss young," "the fucking slut is dating a teacher," "why is she wearing that beanie anyways? It's summer," "I heard it's because she lost all her hair to cancer," all I wanted to do was cry I hate people, fuck everyone. I pulled out my phone under the desk to message Toni,
I hate my class mates 😢
She didn't reply which is what I expected, it was a long period but it finally ended and I walked out really fast not looking at anyone.
We all sat around at our usual spot at recess, I just sat there smiling while they talked about their home lives, glad my body hadn't failed me so that I could be here today.
Toni finally replied what happened baby girl?

I'll tell you about it tonight! I miss you x I replied, I got a reply back straight away

I miss you too my love I'll message you at lunch and see how you're going, I love you <3

I smiled getting butterflies in my stomach as usual, okay, I love you too baby

"Serena you've been very quiet are you okay?" I looked up as Monique was staring at me, I just nodded afraid I might cry if I spoke. In all honesty though I wanted to go home so badly I couldn't stand being here any longer. "What class do you guys have now?" I asked trying to make it seem like I was fine,
"I have English with Hannah," Ayla said, "and I have maths with Anaiyas," Monique said. Yay goodie I'm not in any classes with them, I hate it maybe if I was I wouldn't get picked on so much.
But the end of recess I was so tired and not well but I really needed to push through to lunch time so Toni could take me home.
I stood up from our table when the bell went and instantly my body failed on me and shut down, I fell to the ground and blacked out.

——————————
Authors note.
Sorry the chapter is so short I hope you're enjoying it so far