The whole situation was weird and that was me putting it lightly. Everything didn't seem to make sense. What would the Blood Moon want to do with our pack that somehow relates to me?

Unless...

"Listen," I whispered urgently. "The rules are the same for us here in Golden Moon like the ones in our old pack, alright?"

Her blue eyes widened as she nodded. "No problem." She turned towards Tristan and called him to get his attention.

"I'm not a kid, for God's sake. You guys aren't even quiet enough," he rolled his eyes, not bothering to look up to me. "Come on! We're siblings. Not a single soul will find out." His eyes softened as he looked at me, silently reassuring me.

Yes, I looked worried enough until a 10-year old had to reassure me. I pulled Hadleigh close to my side and wrapped my arms around her small frame.

"We've got to stick close to each other. Trust no one." I whispered to both of them, my chin was resting on Hadleigh's head before kissing her forehead.

She pulled away to look at me. "Not even Darius?"

"Not yet." I corrected her. "Now take me to Homer and Richard."

-

-

-

I found Homer on a white bed with a cast on his right leg. On another bed beside him was Richard who definitely looked and seemed to be in a better condition.

"Miss Hazlynn," both of them immediately greeted me.

I nodded at them and sat down on one of the chairs beside the bed. Hadleigh and Tristan both sat down as well. "How are you?"

"I broke my leg," Homer pointed towards his bad foot as evidence. "He's fine," he cocked his head towards a grinning Richard.

"Yup, definitely better than him!" Richard gave me a good-natured grin. "How's the king treating you?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. My wolf was not at all impressed that he had insulted our mate. "His name is Darius and he's my mate."

It was amusing to see both of their eyes widen. We all knew what this meant.

"I'm sorry," Richard bowed his head.

I waved him off. If it wasn't for the fact that I was Darius' mate, I would have been laughing along with him as well. "How did we crash?"

They both turned serious. We all knew that Homer was a brilliant driver. "I'm not sure how, actually." he frowned. "Someone shot at the tyres and the whole thing just came off. I lost control and.."

"Boom!" Richard finished it off.

I frowned. I didn't like it when things didn't make sense. There were endless possibilities of what could have happened but my best guess was, it was the work of Blood Moon.

But they wouldn't have let us go if it was them, would they?

Perhaps they realised the presence of Darius and got scared? But it couldn't be that, either. Blood Moon didn't seem like the type to leave unfinished business, which means..

"I've got to warn Darius then." I voiced out my thoughts. Both of them nodded, knowing what was exactly on my mind.

"Warn me about what?"

He was here.

I turned around in my chair. "I think it was the work of the Blood Moon. They want us dead."