Memories of You (Normani and Slick Woods)

Start from the beginning

"You see that, right?"

Robyn passed me back my phone, staring at me unamused. "I thought we said we were done keeping tabs on our exes."

I briefly looked down. "Yeah, but Normani is not just my ex. She's my soulmate."

"Then you need to fight for her. If it's that deep."

"I'm glad you said that."

****

Normani's POV

Smiling, I placed my arms around my date's neck as we danced. Her hands were stiff on my hips but as the time passed, she got more comfortable and held me more confidently. "There you go," I said encouragingly. We shared a small laugh.

Summer was a little awkward just because she wasn't a fan of social settings, but I didn't mind. There was something cute and endearing about her being that way.

"I'm feeling hot, want a drink?" I asked moments later.

She nodded. "Yeah. Want me to get it?"

"Sure."

"Okay." She kissed my cheek and headed towards the bar.

I smiled to myself and danced some more by myself.

"Excuse me, can I get a dance?" a voice suddenly asked, coming up behind me.

I froze because the voice was familiar. Too familiar. When the person stepped in front of me, I knew why. It was my ex. My stomach lurched and my eyes probably darkened as I looked up at her.

She attempted a smile that I didn't return.

"Can we talk?" she said loudly over the music.

"About what?" I started looking around for Summer who was at the bar.

I heard Simone suck her teeth, drawing my attention. She was looking at Summer now as well, studying her.

I eyed Simone up and down at her audacity to have an attitude. She suddenly invaded my personal space, the soft scent of her perfume filling the air and the satin of her cleavage-bearing button up touching me. "We need to talk," she said in my ear.

Damn her for her sexy ass voice. It was deep, naturally sensual, smooth, and confident. Seeing Summer getting ready to come back here, I pushed Simone away.

"Yo!" she complained, flailing her arms.

I ignored Simone and smiled at Summer, feeling anxious. She looked at me and then Simone.

"Hey love," I said, taking the drink from her. I kissed her cheek. "Thank you."

"Who is this?" Summer asked, staring at Simone.

"I'm wifey," Simone replied. "Or daddy." A challenging smirk and look in her eyes penetrated my date.

"Don't listen to her," I commanded to Summer who was looking back and forth at us. "This is just my ex."

"You're the one who stalks my Instagram stories," Summer addressed Simone.

My eyes jumped on Simone, who furrowed her eyebrows, acting confused. "Girl, bye. I don't have time to be stalking nobody."

Summer just smirked and turned towards me.

"Summer, I'm so sorry. Let's get out of here," I said.

She nodded and I took her hand, but not before eyeing Simone icily. "Fuck off."

***

Simone's POV

It obviously didn't feel good to have Normani pushing me away. But I knew I couldn't give up that easy. And I could tell that that Summer chick was nothing more than a crutch at that lounge tonight. Had she not been there, Normani would've put up less of a fight.