~The sun, the beach, and memories~

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, I heard the ringing sound of my phone so I reduced my speed and used my right hand to grab my phone while the other still held onto the handles as I pedaled onward.

"Hello?" I greeted as I snapped my phone open and put it to my ear, still looking ahead. I wouldn't want to crash into anything. That would be troublesome.

"Good morning Miss. Sukinozuka. Are you busy right now?" the familiar voice of the Shadow King asked. What is he doing calling at this time of day?

"Oh, morning Kyouya. I'm not going to be at school today, I'm on my way to the beach. For training purposes." I explained trying not to make him angry for not turning up to the Host Club.

"Ah... I see. That's quite efficient then. We are planning on heading there today." he informed with his usual calm all-knowing voice.

"What for?" I asked curious to why the Host Club needed to go to the beach. Another holiday? The beach? They sure as hell are NOT getting me in another swimsuit!

"Well since Haruhi said she wouldn't mind going to the beach, Tamaki wanted to go today." Kyouya sighed. He sounds like he doesn't really want to go to the beach. But he has to go. What would we do if we got in trouble with something? None of the other Hosts would've been of any help. They'd just be running around like headless chickens. I wonder what would happen of Kyouya wasn't there to manage and organize club activities... We'd probably be bankrupt from all the money we spend on pointless things.

"Ah I see. Well I might be a little late." I mumbled shyly, slightly afraid of what he would say. Mitsukuni told me that Kyouya is even worse than he was when he's really angry. Especially if you wake him up. Just thinking about it gives me the shivers. Anyone who can get more scary than Mitsukuni would scare me.

"Why is that? Didn't you say you were on your way now?" he asked with a curious voice. It's just like Kyouya to notice everything.

"I'm kinda going by bicycle?" A short silence crept in before Kyouya spoke again.

"Ahahaha... I'm sorry. I thought you said bicycle." he chuckled all too brightly.

"I did say bicycle. I'm riding to the beach on a bike." I said with a deadpanned face waiting for his response.

"....... Well then what time do you think you'll be there?" he asked after a long awkward pause.

"Uhmmm... Around.... 2 o'clock to 3 o'clock?" I estimated. Hmmmmm. That means I have around another... 8 hours of riding. This is definitely going to kill my leg muscles.

"Okay... That's shouldn't cause to many problems." he said with relief.

"For a split second I thought you were actually concerned." I laughed. Ha! That'll be the day.

"Of course I would be! Who would be 'the shy type' then?"

This comment caused me to sweat drop. I'm surprised he has any guest requests at all. He seems so uncaring. But maybe that's the trait that some customers like? Strange people...

"Okay then.... See you at 2-3 ish." I sung as I hung up and put the phone back into the woven basket.

Only... 159 kilometres to go!

The Host Club's POV

The entire host club, minus the shy host, sat in the black leather seats of Tamaki's limo once again. They all looked excited yet slightly drained for their little trip to the beach. Perhaps they were still tired from the trip to the pool. Or a long school day perhaps.

"Ne, Tama-chan! Where's Yuki-chan? I didn't see her at school today." Hani-senpai asked. Everyone nodded in agreement.

"Now that I think about it I didn't see her in class..." Haruhi mumble with a thoughtful look on her face.