|Junior High|

A/N: This is a short one, sorry!
Katsuki POV:

Back in junior high, people used to fight all the time. In year 1, I had to protect Eijiro from the bullies.

"Leave him alone! He doesn't deserve this!" I yell. "He looks like a fucking dinosaur! He should be extinct!" The bully yells back. "I think dinosaurs are cool!" I exclaim. "Oh? Then how about you go extinct as well!"

Then, in year 2 and 3 we were separated. Eijiro made some stronger friends and the bullies eventually left him alone. He also got into a calm, non delinquent class. Whereas during my homeroom, everyone would be fighting and yelling. I eventually got used to it and drowned them out with music. I eventually got even more aggressive from that atmosphere though. I had to spend 2 years without Eiji there to talk to. Of course I could talk to him outside of school, but he had clubs until late and during weekends he went out with his family. I was pretty lonely.

In the middle of our 3rd year, Eiji shows up in front of my house, crying. His parents started traveling for work and wanted to bring Eiji with them. He ended up running away from home.

"Katsuki..thank you.." He cries into my shoulders. "Of course. What are friends for, right?" I hug him. "We're gonna be friends forever, right?" He asks. "Of course. Friends forever." I hug tighter.

I love this guy, and I don't think he'll ever love me back.
I don't have a chance with him. He only sees me as his best friend. It's fine. If I can stay close to him, I'll be happy.