Chapter 40: Christmas

Start from the beginning

Because his dad was helping out some sea creatures that had gotten dangerously tangled in nets and fishing hooks in America, after a long talk, Harry was going to spend the first week of holidays in the Weasley Family before heading Christmas Day to his house where his Dad would be home again.

It was a bit weird, Harry only knew of Ginny through talks with Luna (though she did warn him that Ginny had a bit of hero-worship about him) and that Ron was still a bit arrogant regarding some things but was mostly jealous). Harry started to think of Fred and George, after the sleepover on the Great Hall, as friends. The trios having connected through Fred and George questioning Harry about certain spells and potions and what-if moments regarding said spells and potions.

Harry was sure that they were going to use their knowledge from him to make pranks, but Harry thought that it would be better to have the knowledge than not have it and endanger their lives through testing.

So, when the train finally stopped at the train station, Harry waved to Draco (who he couldn't stay with because they were leaving for their own vacation to a small house (shocking) along a secluded Muggle beach), Daphne, Astoria, and Blaise who were also going on vacations themselves.

That left Luna and Neville. Neville said goodbye before walking to his grandma and sinking into her arms. After their guardians had arrived after the Dementors, each child sunk gratefully into their guardians arms, still shaken but feeling much better.

Neville and his grandma had mended a bridge that neither were aware was broken. Neville was even surprised to find out that his uncle that had dropped him from the Manor window had actually been disowned. Neville had just assumed the man got away scotch-free for showing that Neville actually had magic (apparently though, his grandma always knew, there was only so much a baby could sneak into the Greenhouse without the House Elves eventually telling their guardian about it if they had helped their charge).

Luna had grabbed Harry's arm and both started walking toward the clan of red-heads that were saying hello. Luna catching a ride with them as her house was near theirs and her father was currently writing a paper for the next day.

"Hello," Harry said awkwardly as he approached Mrs.Weasley and Mr.Weasley.

"Oh look at you dear, a bag of bones I swear. Come here," Mrs.Weasley said then brought Harry into a hug.

Blushing madly because the twins weren't helping his predicament, Harry awkwardly stood there. This was perhaps a bit too much touching for him and he was starting to feel a panic attack approach him.

Maybe the twins realized Harry was starting to get pale, but they stopped making fun of the boy and shared looks before Fred said, "Geez mom, you're going to choke him to death if you keep at it. You haven't even said hello to Luna yet."

Mrs.Weasley fretted and Harry drew a long breath as he was released and noted Luna was now in a hug from Mrs.Weasley. The difference seemed that Luna didn't mind the hug and actually had a small smile dancing her lips as she hugged Mrs.Weasley back.

"You alright?" George whispered as they stayed by Harry's side.

Harry still felt the creeping panic attack, but it was slowly going away. "I need to go outside sooner than later," Harry said softly, hoping the words weren't as choked as they felt.

Fred nodded and the twins seemed to help move things along surprisingly. Because Harry felt the hook feeling of Side-Apparation (something he got used to with the Malfoys using it to travel with Harry and Percy to some Wizard places) before he was in front of the Weasley home.

Feeling the wind on his cheeks, Harry took in a shaky breath and allowed the claustrophobic feeling fade.

It looked as though it had once been a large stone pigpen, but extra rooms had been added here and there until it was several stories high and so crooked it looked as though it were held up by magic (which, Harry reminded himself, it probably was). Four or five chimneys were perched on top of the red roof. A lopsided sign stuck in the ground near the entrance read, the burrow. Around the front door lay a jumble of rubber boots and a very rusty cauldron. Several fat brown chickens were pecking their way around the yard. (-Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets page 32)