16: Mixed Emotions

Start from the beginning

A moment later, Tenn tugged on Gaku's shirt sleeve, "Gaku... I want a whole cake". Gaku turned to face the young centre before embracing the boy. "Alright. Brat, you can pick your own today." Then he looked up at Ryuu. "Let's celebrate our loss tonight." Ryuu nodded. Together they laughed. The bonds they shared shone especially brightly during the toughest of times.

I6 was promised a hotpot party at the agency and they were all excited to toast to their huge success. One member after another was stepping into the agency's van. When it was Iori's turn, he stopped. His mind felt heavy. "Mina-san, I-"

"You want to see Riku, right?" Yamato said this while relaxing in his seat, dreaming about several cans of beer he was about to get to drink. "Go, Ichi, we'll wait."

Iori's eyes went wide as the others nodded in approval. "Thank you, everyone." Iori bowed and dashed back into the hall.

"Riku!" Iori knocked before opening the door. He was panting from running and searching for Riku's prep room. He closed the door and rushed to the boy who was sitting on the floor, hugging his knees.

"Riku..." Iori sat down in front of the solo idol and reached out his hand to caress Riku's cheek. "Are you okay?" Iori's eyebrows dropped with worry.

"Yeah..." Riku refused to look up. He knew he was a mess and he did not want to ruin Iori's night, or rather, I6's night of happiness. "Congrats."

Iori sighed. "Riku, look at me." He shuffled in closer to Riku and touched his left shoulder. "Please."

Hearing Iori's gentle request, Riku looked up slowly. Immediately, Iori used this chance to press his lips against Riku's. He then whispered, "You did well. You did very well tonight."

The redhead hugged Iori tightly. Of course, Iori returned it. "Thank you!" Riku sobbed lightly. It was just a simple sentence, yet he was hoping to hear someone say it to him. He felt so much better when those words came from Iori. After a while, Riku pulled away "I'm really okay, Iori. You should go. Tell I6 that I say 'congratulations' okay?"

"Alright. Text me when you get home" Iori smiled at the older boy. When he was getting up, Riku stopped him by pulling his arm. "Wait!" Iori stopped as he saw Riku look away for a second with a pink face before looking at Iori in the eye. "Can I have another kiss?" Iori was the one blushing this time. "F-fine, cu..greedy person." He sent Riku to heaven once more.

~~

After BoW, Riku was still working for the same agency, but as he spent more time with Iori and even I6, he started to become a little more 'rebellious'. He sometimes responded to the fans' calls for him at his live concerts when he was not allowed to. He refused to say some harsh words to other idols when his manager instructed him to do so. There were even people in the entertainment business gossiping about Riku getting into heated arguments with his manager often.

Kujou Takamasa of course heard about Riku's behaviour. He was getting more and more furious every time a piece of information reached his ears. Takamasa believed strongly in influence and power, providing that he was able to have them. Riku was supposed to reach the top with 'his management'. Riku was his tool for him to achieve his dead dream.

"Son, you exist only to be mine."

Takamasa called Riku's manager and instructed her to prepare to put his next plan in place.

"I shall have my control back, Riku!"

~~

"Yaotome, it is a pleasure to work with you again."

Takanashi Otoharu, along with his daughter, Tsumugi, walked into Sousuke's office to meet YaotomePro's president and Anesagi. They were planning a collaboration event for the two idol groups once again.