III: Main Palace

Start bij het begin

"Your Highness, the princess has arrived" as soon as Sir Mcflare said that, we made our way inside my father's office. He was there standing intimidatingly with a murderous aura around him and Sir Barford, his Chancellor is beside him smiling at us. I have to be calm and elegant. I can do this.

"Greetings, your Highness, I'm Princess Astrid Obelia Crisantelle" I practiced like a hundred times last night for this to be perfect. As I raised my head, my heart throb by his almost black-colored eyes. It's indeed scary. Wahh I feel like crying, the heck is this. I look calm and elegant on the outside but inside I want to cry. 

"Welcome, Princess"  saad ni Sir Barford habang nakangiti sa amin. I smiled at him as a reply, but then I set my gaze to your Highness. Hindi ako papatalo, I'm not gonna give up. I've come along way already. If eyes can kill, I'm dead already. He looked like me. 

"Leave us" That's the king's order. His voice was cold and terrifying. Damn. Everyone in the room left us. I'm just there standing firmly. He went to his little lounge, sat there and crossed his legs. "Sit" he ordered me like I'm sorta dog but I have to obey him for now. I sat in front of him and there are tea and pastries at the table. Ano gagawin namin magtitigan lang? besides, I can't read his mind at all.

"How old are you?" really? he doesn't even know his daughter's age?. What can I expect he hates his daughter, more than anything else. 

"I'm 5 years old, Your Highness" I answered while smiling without breaking my gaze. damn, why does it have to be hard just by living? even, in reality, it's hard, I wanna cry. I don't know how to have a father kaya this is really challenging. 

"Astrid? huh? that's the name that wench gave you, do you know the meaning behind your name?" he smirked while he sarcastically said those words while leaning in his chair. How can he call my mother a 'wench'? he loved her more than anything else. Ang problematic grabe "Derived from Heavenly orchestral words meaning godly strength" I answered him without shattering. Thank goodness. He laughed out loud. I flinched while hearing him laugh. It's terrifying. 

"Godly strength, huh?, I'm curious how long will you last?" he smirked while releasing that cold statement. I have to be good, I breath out and looked at him once again. Ack. I'm sweating in cold. I can't burst out here. I need to be in control. "Not gonna talk?" threat can be sensed in his words. He just there staring at me, waiting for me to answer but even myself, I'm not sure when will I'm gonna last. 

"I still remember everything like it was tomorrow the day I was given birth" he looked interested now, I picked the tea and started to sip it. "I see, then what about it?" saad niya. " It must be from my godly strength, Father" he was taken aback a little bit but he soon maintained his calmness. 

"Barford" he called his chancellor at agad din namang pumasok sa loob ito. " Yes, Your Highness?" saad ni Sir Barford sa aking ama "Escort her" I stood up at pumunta ako malapit sa kinagagalawan ni Sir Barford. " I'll be now, be on my way, Father" I smiled as I paid my respect and turned my back. I saw that Sir Barford was shocked when I called him father. "Shall we? Princess"

As soon as the door was closed, I heavily let my breath out. Sa wakas, tapos na. Sir Barford just smiled at me, it looks like he's in a good mood. "How was the meeting with your father? Princess?" why the hell, he always smile?. "It turned alright, I guess?" I'm not sure maybe he just let me off. Doon na nagtapos ang usapan namin and I think we're heading to my room. I feel exhausted, why do my legs have to be short?. Napansin ata ni Sir Barford na pagod na ko because he kept on checking on me. 

"You must be exhausted, Princess, Do you mind if I carry you to escort you in your room?" He kindly suggested. This is embarrassing really. I think I'm all red, but this the only option. I fraudulently coughed while covering my mouth. "I don't mind" I answered him and he went to bend down and carry me in his arms. Matilda used to carry me when I'm exhausted but this is the first a man carries me. 

The people around kept on staring on us though. Wah, this is embarrassing. We arrived at a huge double door. This must be room. The knights quickly opened the door for us at nasilayan ko ang napakalaking kong kwarto. It's twice the size of my room in the manor. Sir Barford put me down. "Thank you Sir Barford " He just standing there smiling again, like hindi ba siya napapagod kakangiti?. 

"You're always welcome, Princess, I shall take my leave now, your personal maid will shortly arrive so, please kindly wait here" He then paid his respect and left. I quickly went to my huge bed and lay there. This day is exhausting, I'm mentally and physically tired. I heard a knock from the door and it was Matilda. I quickly run into her and tears fell. 

"Thank goodness, Princess" Matilda caress me while I'm crying, I made it. 

****

KING'S OFFICE

Agad na dumating si Barford sa opisina ng Hari at labis ang galak na nadadama ni Barford dahil he just expected that the princess will pass. Sa kanyang pagpasok, likod ng hari ang masisilayan. 

"She said she remembered everything since she was born" with that statement Barford was left shocked because it's his first time to encounter something like this. He just read it from the books but the princess is the living evidence that she was given strengths by God. 

"The princess must be blessed by God, Your Highness" saad ni Barford sa hari.

"Don't make me laugh Barford" seryosong tugon ng hari kay Barford.

"A child blessed by the strength of God according to the prophecy shall take the throne and it will bring endless prosperous to the Land of Crisantelle"  

That prophecy was written a hundred years ago by the ancestors of the throne and a child like that will only be born after a hundred years. The last one was King Primo Obelia Crisantelle, the legendary king throughout his reign, his lineage was always been remembered and his accomplishments are still known. Everyone who lived in Crisantelle knew him. He conquered every country in the world and was titled as the "The greatest king"

If Princess Astrid will be the next king then she will be the first woman to be titled as the king in the history of the world. "The prophecy doesn't lie, your Highness, you know that" saad ni Barford sa hari, he witnesses everything that was written in the prophecy came true. 

"You can't kill her Cayden for I will protect her, I will make her the King" madiin na tugon ni Barford sa hari. "I don't like what's coming from your mouth, leave" he faced him with his cold eyes, releasing a terrifying aura, which made Barford flinched. No one can defy him but with that Barford paid his respect and left. 

"Blessed by God, that child, don't make me laugh." 

______________________________________________________

UPDATE

Thank you for supporting 

Please stay tune for the next chapter