I rolled my eyes, smiling to myself.

"We're not having sex now, you realise that?"

He leant back in his chair. "You better go then." I let out a sound of shock, affronted. I went to get up again but yet again, his hands pulled me to sit on his again. "I'm joking, Amara. I promise." He laughed into my neck, placing an apologetic kiss there.

"Mm," I hummed. "I'm sure."

So, just to annoy him, I really did start talking about primary colours.

♖ ♖ ♖

Twenty minutes later, I was walking out of the Manor, catching sight of Kate leaning against my car.

I didn't have to glance up to know he was watching me go.

She looked like a model, as per usual, but there was a distinct amused glint in her eye.

"So..." she said. "You and Miller Dreyton?"

I put my hand up. "Don't even."

"Don't even mention what I just walked in on?" She questioned, going around to the passenger side of the car. "That's not going to be a possibility."

I slumped myself down in my seat. Despite the fact that if my boss found out about this— not that I thought in a million years Kate would ever tell him— I would be fired, I couldn't help but be a little buzzed.

"Go on then," I said, getting myself comfortable in my chair and putting my head on the steering wheel. "Get it out of your system."

"You're fucking someone you met at a kid's birthday party?"

I cringed. "That makes it sound like—"

"No," she said, hurriedly. "Gross."

"— exactly. Anyway, I only had sex with him once and it wasn't exactly a love affair."

"Once is enough," she suddenly let out. "He still saw the Crown Jewels."

"Don't you mean I saw the Crown Jewels?"

She huffed with a roll of her eyes. "Why can't our vaginas be Crown Jewels, too?"

I laughed, setting myself up right. "Who knows," I said with a shrug, putting the car into first gear. "Ask whoever came up with weird names for that kind of thing."

We pulled away from the place. The gates opened on their own accord and I followed the road until we were out of the woods.

Kate didn't let the subject drop, like I had a feeling she wouldn't. "So how did it start? What's he like? How big's his thing?"

"Kate!"

"What?" She asked. "Gotta make sure it's worth it."

"He's fine," I said. "We had sex once. It's nothing serious. Just a bit of—" I searched my mind for the right word. "— fun."

"This has got to be the most spontaneous thing you've ever done, Amara Carlisle," she said, tapping my shoulder. "I kind of like this new you."