Chapter 25

I remain a few minutes stunned before I get back to Yvonne, in order to hand her ticket.

"Meet me there in 10'?" I offer, not quite meeting her eyes.

She nods and suddenly, I start jogging. I've never been to Mestalla before, so I have no idea where I'm heading towards. 

Although, just as I turn a corner, I see him.

"Milla?" Neymar exclaims, surprised. "How did you get to the locker room?" He questions, pointing to the door behind him.

I shrug my shoulders, confusion clearly filling in. 

"Come here", he gently pulls me into an embrace and I put my head on his shoulder, holding the tears in my eyes.

He slightly pulls away and sees the forming tears about to erupt. His facial expression suddenly breaks into an alarmed one.

However, before he can say anything, I speak up. "Mom knows everything. I told her, but she figured out on her own before. I think I'm forever grounded."

I quickly cover my face with my palms and wait for his response.

"Milla", Neymar speaks in a soft tone. "Look at me", he demands, removing the palms from my face. "Breathe in and out. Keep doing it while I'm out on the pitch. Concentrate on me and then we'll talk."

I nod.

"I wish I had more time now...", Neymar sighs, looking at the clock and then at the empty locker room. "I have to go, Milla", he says, his eyes concentrating on mine. "Please be fine. Meet me here after the game and I promise you, I'm all yours then." 

He gives me a short peck on the cheek and lingers in front of my lips. Without hesitating, I close the gap between us, and he moves his hands to my waist. 

"I love you", he gently says, pulling a stock of hair behind my ear. 

I squeeze his hand. "I love you, too, Neymar."

"Come on, go get your seat, warming's about to start. Wish us luck."

Fingers crossed...

***

I take a walk through the seats before getting to mine, admiring the view

I take a walk through the seats before getting to mine, admiring the view. I try to catch Neymar's attention, but he doesn't seem to have spotted me yet. However, let it be like that. 

He needs his entire focus on the pitch.

We have to win this game.

"Here you are", Yvonne breathes out, relieved to see me. "Where have you been? The warming up is about to wrap up."

I give her a short hug and land on the seat next to her. I shift uncomfortably. 

"I've been walking around, nothing much", I say as I scan the people around us.