Chapter 39: His Birthday

Start from the beginning

As the fright wore off, excitement took it's place as Casey realised Evan and Jake would be staying there with them for the next week.

The four of them milled around in the kitchen chatting happily about what they'd been up to over the last few days while Britta made a round of coffees.

"How the hell are we all going to fit in the car to get to the track tomorrow?" Casey wondered aloud after awhile.

"We'll use both cars." Britta replied with a glint in her eye.

Evan gasped, "Dibs on the Veyron."

Sebastian walked into the kitchen at that moment and grinned as he saw everybody hovering around the breakfast counter in the middle of the room.

"Seb!" Evan exclaimed, slapping him on the shoulder as he came in.

"Welcome!" He replied cheerfully as he wandered over to Casey and stood behind her, letting her lean back against his chest. Heikki had followed him in and leaned in the doorway to watch everyone.

The villa started to feel more alive now, with the six of them inhabiting it. Evan alone could count for about ten people. It was quickly becoming her favourite place of anywhere she'd ever stayed, not even Monaco could beat it.

---

Everyone was back to work on Monday. Seb drove the Veyron and Heikki drove the Range Rover to get everyone too and from the track each day. Then Seb would go with Britta to his interviews and events while Heikki took up residence in one of the offices at the circuit to go over nutrition plans and targets for the race weekend. Everyone took turns going with Seb, usually getting to work about 30 minutes faster than the rest of them.

Thursday was special. It was Seb's birthday, and the team had a cake made for him and spent all day harassing him over getting "old". Now at 27 years, he was still really just a baby, especially if you considered his long, long list of achievements.

He wasn't really interested in celebrating very much, insisting that they stay home. Casey didn't blame him, being 'home' was a novelty for Seb.

Instead, Britta arranged for a huge amount of delicious food to be delivered that evening which was enjoyed by all of them.

After dinner, everyone except Britta decided to go outside for a late night swim. Britta sat on one of the deck chairs with her laptop and watched instead as she worked. It was humid, even for German standards, making it a perfect night to be outside.

Casey still hadn't given Seb his gift, opting to do it later in private. It wasn't much, but she didn't know what else to get someone who could afford anything their heart desired.

After a round of pool volleyball, Casey swam over to the edge of the pool and pulled herself up to sit on the ledge. She watched happily as the four boys continued the game for awhile before Seb broke off from them too and swam towards her.

She smiled down at him as he reached her and rested his arms on her legs.

"Did you have a good day?" She muttered, running her hand through his hair to push it back from his face.

"Perfect, so far." He replied, lifting her up around the waist and pulling her back into the water with him.

She hooked her legs around his waist and kissed him, suddenly wishing they were alone.

He pushed her back against the wall of the pool and growled under his breath softly as she bit his lip. He tasted of a mixture of chlorine and jäger.

"I want you, now." He murmured in an undertone. Demanding Sebastian was back. Casey smiled against his lips and squeezed her legs around him tighter.