"That'll be $80," Max told the man.

"What?" The man asked shocked.

"Max!" Megan yelled shocked.

Megan then turned to the man.

"I'm sorry sir. He's only 12 he doesn't arrange the prices." Megan apologized.

"But it's my sandwich. I put my time and effort into this. I deserve to sell it at whatever price I want." Max told Megan, annoyed that she wouldn't let him sell it on his terms.

"I get that, Maxy. But no one is going to give you $80 for whatever that is. Please be a little more realistic." Megan explained calmly.

Max sighed.

"Okay, I'll tell you what old man." Max turned to the man.

"Max!" Megan said disapprovingly.

"For senior citizens, $4," Max told the man.

The man gave Max four dollars but didn't look happy by what Max said.
______________________________________

On the other side of the sandwich shop.

"Oh, I love your family's shop. Have you ever thought of maybe blacking out the windows and painting the walls, I don't know, black?" Miranda asked Justin.

"Yeah, I think you're gonna be easy to shop for." Justin replied and the couple left
_______________________________________

The counter side of the shop.

"He's hanging out with that goth girl, Morticia." Harper hissed.

"It's Miranda. Look, Harper, as your best friend, I'm gonna give it to you straight. I think he really likes this girl." Alex told her.

"Fine, but it's so totally obvious that he's dating her because she looks like me." Harper said in a 'duh' tone.

Megan overheard this from the counter and gave Harper a confused look.

What..how...from where?... Megan thought.

"Yeah, you both have faces," Alex said awkwardly and went to get her bag.
Harper smiled and followed her.

"Max, Megan, you both are gonna be late for school. Come on, get out of here." Their Dad told to them.

"Bye, Dad. Bye, Mom." Max said bye to his parents as Megan kissed their cheeks and followed Max outside.
_______________________________________

Megan and Max were walking to their schools.

"Here, since you sold yours." Megan gave Max her PB&J.

"What will you eat?" Max asked.

"I'll just buy lunch with my pocket money," Megan told him.

"Thanks, it's no 'To The Max' but it will do for lunch." Max took the PB&J.

"Speaking of 'To The Max' you shouldn't have called the man 'old' and 'senior citizen'," Megan told him.

"We saw the same man right? He was old." Max told her.

"He wasn't that old and even if he was. Don't say it. It's rude." Megan told him.

Max rolled his eyes.

"Why do you always do this?" Max asked.

"Do what?" Megan asked.

"Lecture me to be all polite and kind. It's so annoying." Max groaned.