Fluttering Hearts

"I think I love you too, Kyle." Kyle was so relieved when her soft, silky voice whispered those words, as smooth as butter. He never thought she would love him back, but now... Kyle felt tears in his eyes. "Hey, don't cry... It's alright now..." whispered the girl. Her emerald green eyes shone. She brushed away her soft brown hair from her face. "We can make this work." Kyle simply nodded at her words. This beautiful girl's name was Charlotte. She had recently moved to South Park, and ever since she became the most popular girl in South Park Elementary (that's right they're staying their age), Kyle had become infatuated with her, and soon fell in love with her kind and caring personality. Kyle before this moment thought she would never have the same feelings for him as he did for her, but now, everything was going to be okay... Because she loved him back...

Timeskip...

"You WHAT?!"
Kyle could not have mistaken the fury in Cartman's words.
"Cartman, I don't care what you think..." Kyle growled.
"You shouldn't be dating her! It's not fair!"
"How's it not fair? Is it because you lost it with Heidi?"
Cartman was backed into a corner. "Uhhh..."
"That's exactly what I thought, fatass. Now shut up, I just want to be happy for once in my life."
Stan talked before Cartman could make a reply: "Wow, you told her your feelings and she actually liked you back? That's awesome, dude!"
"Yeah, I thought she would reject me!" Kyle replied.
"Mphmmph!" Kenny said.
"Kenny, stop being dirty for once." Kyle groaned, but it was in good humor.
"Oh, there she comes now!" Kyle said in a hushed voice as Charlotte elegantly strode towards the four boys. She and Kyle soon locked hands with each other, and Kyle heard Cartman audibly groan.
"Charlotte, meet my friends, Stan and Kenny." Kyle deliberately left Cartman out of his list of friends. He could tell Cartman didn't miss it either, as he fixed a glare on Kyle. "Hi Stan, hi Kenny!" Charlotte cheerfully greeted them. "Who's this other kid?" Charlotte questioned, looking at Cartman, whom returned her gaze with a cold hard stare. "That's Cartman. He's a no-good, narcissistic, racist fatass." This was the part where Cartman should have made a Jew insult by now. But he didn't. He just simply whipped his head around to glare at Kyle. Kyle felt like something strange was going on with Cartman. "Oh." Charlotte simply shrugged, and turned her attention back to Kyle. "So what do you want to do after school?" Charlotte asked sweetly. Kyle blushed, and his words were filled with love: "Uh, how about a date?" Kyle replied. "That would be perfect!" Charlotte cheered. "Our parents could meet, and we could have a fun time together!"
Kyle felt like he was in heaven. Cartman turned away from them, occasionally turning his head back to glower at Charlotte, who didn't seem to be noticing him.
Throughout the school day, Cartman didn't say anything, which was untypical of him. Kyle started to worry about Cartman. He knew that he was pissed because of Kyle and Charlotte being together, but Kyle also knew that Cartman wouldn't usually be so upset about something that he would not talk at all. He decided to talk with Cartman about it after school. Right now, at recess, Kyle wanted to spend some time with Charlotte. "Hey, do you wanna play tag?" Kyle asked the brunette girl. "Sure!" she replied in a tone full of excitement. "You're it!" she quickly tagged Kyle and ran. Kyle ran after her. "I'm gonna get ya!" he yelled in good humor. As he skipped along, Kyle got a glimpse of Cartman. He looked undeniably sad, and... jealous? He couldn't tell, because he only looked at him for a short time before turning back to Charlotte. After class, Kyle couldn't get Cartman's look out of his head. Why did he look so jealous? Could it possibly be... that he was in love with Charlotte too? That was the only reasonable conclusion that Kyle could come up with. Well, he was not going to simply give up Charlotte. He was deeply in love with her. But Kyle knew he had to speak with Cartman, to try to comfort him from whatever had made him upset.

"Hey Cartman, wait up!" Kyle called out to Cartman, who was about to head home. He turned around and glared. "What?" Cartman growled. But Kyle could see the sadness and hurt in his eyes, and he knew that whatever he had to say, he should say it, now.

"Look Cartman, you didn't talk a lot today. That is not typical of you. What's the matter? You can tell me anything, you know."