Thirteen

August

It's been two weeks since David's birthday and I haven't talked to him since which is strange considering he was so upset that I ignored him in the first place.

Today I'm going out to lunch with Kristen, Mariah, Corinna, Carly, Erin, and Liza.

I'm cool with all of the girls but still a little rocky with Liza. Hopefully we can get a chance to talk today.

I'm in my Uber and I can see the place and all the girls sitting down. I guess I was a little late, I walk out there cause they were sitting outside.

"Was I late?" I said sitting down.

"Just a little." Liza said.

"Sorry"

"Girl don't worry Corinna's always late." Erin reply's.

Everyone let's out a soft chuckle, even Corinna.

Lunch was pretty good I didn't talk to Liza that much but we had a conversation here and there.

"How about we have a sleepover at my house!" Corinna adds.

"I'm down." I said while the girls nodded.

"I have to go to David's house so I'll be a little late." Liza says.

Everyone "ooo"s her.

"Guys were just friends." She says looking directly into my eyes.

I quickly turned away and grabbed my phone acting like someone texted me.

"Okay I'll see you later." Liza says walking away.

"Hey, do you wanna come to my house early so you don't have to take a Uber." Corinna says to me.

"Yeah can we go to my apartment so I can grab stuff." I said.

"Sure no problem, let's go." She says walking towards her car.

We wave bye to Carly and Erin as they get into their car. Kristen had to leave early cause Scott needed her.

"Sooooo" Corinna adds.

"Yeah?" I said tucking my hair behind my ear.

"You know about Liza?" She says looking at me instead of the rode.

"What about her?"

"How she doesn't like you because she thinks your taking away David."

"Yeah Zane told me." I shrugged.

"That mother fucker I wanted to be the first person to tell you."

"David knows too." I said

"What? How?" she says putting her eyes back on me.

"I told him on his birthday when I was drunk, but I didn't let him tell her."

"Well I think he's gonna tell her now." She said fist palming her head.

"What do you mean?" I said.

"She has to go to his house because he told her they need to talk."

My mouth shot open. I told him not to say anything. Maybe this is why he's been ignoring me, so Liza will like me again? I thought being in this friend group would be a lot more drama free.

"I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I became friends with all of you." I said sighing.

"It's usually not like this I swear." Corinna adds.