The Babyshower - Part I

"I think I will have to ask Silvia to tell you that I am not your dear then only you will follow it." I told him with a warning, remembering her lessons of etiquette during The Selection.
"You haven't given a reply about the thought yet. Don't you like it, America?"
"I.. No!" I blurted out.
"But why?" He asked full of confusion.
"I know that its a responsibility for us to produce a male heir so that the kingdom could continue to rule. But what if both of them are girls. I ..." Tears came out of my eyes which I didn't realize I was even holding.
"Oh, America. I won't be like that. I promise. I will accept whosoever it is." He gave me a comforting hug.
But before I could hug him back, morning sickness took over. I rushed to the washroom to puke. Maxon rubbed my back and my forehead. He then also helped me settle down and handed me a towel to clean up my face and water, which definitely made me feel better.
.....
3 months later

Today is my baby shower and then finally the babies are coming out next month. I am so excited and frightened for that day. I hope everything goes right.
I am pulled away from these thoughts by Maxon who was going to escort me to the venue.
"Are you ready, my dear?"
"It's been years since I have told you not to call me that."
"Ah yes but I told you that I will keep trying as I don't have it in me to give up, during The Selection, don't you remember?"
"Of course, I do. And that's the reason I am giving up today. You can call me your dear. Happy now?"
"Really?"
"No." And we are both left chuckling and thinking about our inside jokes of during The Selection.
"Anyways, babies, I hope you are being good kiddos to your mother and not giving her too much pain."Maxon asks putting his hands on my belly.
And suddenly...
" Are you alright, my... Darling?"
"Better. No. Your babies always kick me during this time of the day." He chuckles.
"What's there to laugh about? My condition?"
"No." He says still chuckling.
I knew it. I knew the fact that he had stopped loving me because of the weight I was gaining day by day.
"No. You are lying. You don't love me anymore, now that I have gained more weight."
"What! No! I was laughing because you are looking cute."
Cute? Seriously? Other times he used to call me beautiful and now cute? End of conversation. I don't want to hear the truth right now.
"Let's get out there before anyone comes here with a 1000 guards behind them."
We both smiled and Maxon quickly helped me stand up then we made our way down to the venue.
"I didn't tell you something, America."
"I guess this is your favourite line since we found out that I am pregnant. What now?" I was so bored with this line. He generally said this when he had forgotten to get something for the babies.
"It is nothing to laugh about. I am serious."
I looked at him and saw worry in his eyes. "Okay. Sorry. Move ahead."
"Daphne has come along with her parents too."
"Daphne? The girl who loves you?"
"Yes. That's the one. But she doesn't love me anymore. She has recently become the Queen after her parents retired and is also married to Prince William, now the King of France."
"If she does nothing to us or our babies then I am totally fine with that."
"Thank you."
I simply nod my head in agreement as though I could have done anything about it. She was already here.
We had barely reached The Great Room when the lights went away.
"Uh..huh."
"Congratulations!" Everyone screams out and starts to hug me and Maxon though it is difficult to hug everyone with the belly.
...
After the ceremony
Nicoletta came to me and started pleading me to reveal the genders of the baby without wasting any minute.
"Attention everyone. Time to know the genders of the babies. I would like to request Queen America and King Maxon to step forward and reveal the secret." She said before I could even prepare myself for the moment.
I knew Maxon would be an amazing father and he doesn't believe in gender discrimination so I did go for the gender determination test and found out the most amazing news. Thank goodness, I agreed to the proposal as it relieved all the tension I had regarding the future of Illea.
-------
Hey guys! Please vote for the book and I would definitely like to hear from you in the comments box. If you want a certain story in the upcoming parts then do let me know.
And yes the names are all as used by Kiera Cass in The Selection series except William ( Daphne's husband). Also in this book, I have done no change to the storyline so follow the same storyline.
I hope you are liking it this far.