2 Years Later

Last night I told Maxon that I was pregnant. He was so excited. He has been taking good care of me since then.

I woke up in the morning and saw him on a chair near my bed.

"What are you doing here, Maxon? Shouldn't you be in your suite now? "

"I am here to say good morning to my beautiful wife and baby."

"Maxon, don't worry. I will take good care of myself and the baby. You have a meeting with the advisors in half an hour and you aren't even ready." I lashed out as I woke up abruptly.

"America, is this how you have been taking care of yourself? You should be aware that you must not get up that quickly when you are expecting."

"Here we go again." I rolled my eyes.

He has been acting like this since night. Do this. Do that. Don't do this. Don't do that. But I know it's his love for me that makes him act like this.

Suddenly, I felt nauseous as I ran into the bathroom and puked my guts out in the toilet seat.

"Darling?" Maxon rushed in after me.

"Are you all right? Do you want me to take you to the hospital wing?" He asked with a tone of panic in his voice.

"We are fine, Maxon. You don't need to worry. Morning sickness is a normal symptom and I will ask Dr Ashlar for a medicine."

"If you insist. But here, have a cracker, I have heard that it helps reduce morning sickness." He said as he offered me one.

"Colour me impressed but where did you hear so?"

"I might have read a few books on pregnancy."

"Wait. You didn't sleep last night. Did you?"

"No. I did." He said not meeting my eyes.

"Liar."

"No."

"Yes."

"Okay. I may have slept for lesser time than usual."

"Maxon..."

"I just want to be there for you and our baby, America. I don't want to see you like this."

"Why? Am I not beautiful?" I said, blinking my eyelashes at him.

"Come on, you know that I didn't mean that. It's the first time I am becoming a father, which is a joyous moment for me but at the same time, I don't want to see you in any pain or agony."

I took both of his hands in mine and gave them a gentle squeeze. "Maxon, I know you are scared but if you don't sleep like this then you will end up feeling unwell. You can't take care of us if you are not well yourself and who said that I am in pain or agony? We are starting a family, Maxon. I am going to become a mother and that too to a child who will have a father like you. There's nothing other than happiness and joy in my heart. Now, promise me that you will take care of yourself."

"I promise that I will take care of myself, you and our son."

"Excuse me? It's going to be a daughter."

"How can you say so for sure?"

"Because the baby is inside my womb and I can feel that it's a girl."

"We will see but for the time being let's get you cleaned up and resting on your bed."

I cleaned up and returned to my bed where Maxon helped me sit.

"It's time for your breakfast, America but I will have it sent here as you are not well and did I forget to mention that we also have Strawberry Tarts today."