☉06: The Last One Ever

Start from the beginning

"You saw a griever?" Chuck asked them from beside him.

"Yeah, we saw one." Thomas answered. 

Minho added in. "He didn't just see one. He killed it."

"And Lia here." The Keeper looked up at the girl, who now stood beside Newt. "Actually got to communicate with it."

Newt stared at her in shock along with everyone else. Their eyes glancing between Thomas and Lia in silence. This made the two shift, uncomfortable at the attention placed on them.

Later on that day, Gally and his ever egotistical self—as Lia would describe—had requested a meeting in the Council Hall.

"Things are changing. There's no denying that." Gally began, the chatter in the room died down. "First, Ben gets stung in broad daylight. And then Alby."

"And now our Greenie here has taken it upon himself to go into the maze." The Builder continued, eyes scanning the boys. A stern look on his face.

Lia, still in her running gear, had one her legs propped up on the make shift divider that separated the Keepers from everyone else, her arm resting on her bent knee. Technically, she was in the in between. Her other leg swung on her side, back resting on a skinny tree trunk as she stayed silent beside Minho. A few feet away from her was Thomas who sat on the chair of shame in the middle of the room, in front of everyone.

Lia would glance at him every once in a while to check if he was alright, the brown eyed boy would either keep his eyes on his hands, the ground or the girl not too far from him. Her other hand was fidgeting with her necklace, something she often did when she was on edge. 

"Which is a clear violation of our rules here."

"Bull shit." Lia cursed out loud. Heads turned towards the blonde, her eyes keeping still in an intimidating manner.

Gally gave her a glare earning a scowl from the female runner

Gally gave her a glare earning a scowl from the female runner. She was furious over the fact that Thomas had to go through this. If it weren't for him, Alby would have been ripped to shreds by the grievers.

"But he saved Alby's life, Gally." Frypan chimed in.

"Did he?" Gally turned to him for a second. "For three years, we have coexisted with these things."

"And now, you've killed one of them." Pointing at Thomas, Gally continued his statement. "Who knows what that could mean for us."

"What do you suggest we do?"

"He has to be punished." A cacophony of protests erupted from the other boys at the Keeper of the Builder's request.

"Come on."

"He killed a Griever!"

"Minho. Lia." Newt called out, making the noise to die down again."You were there with him. What do you think?"