She snorted. "You're already rich"

"I got some needs too hey. I want to buy something"

Well wala pa naman talaga. I just want to race. Bonus lang yong prize sakaling manalo ako. And I'm glad nakasali ako because I wanna look out for Cent. I know she's immune to some harm and I'm relieved Big Shaq is there for her but I just want to see for myself that she'll be fine.

"Seriously Cent, let's look out for each other"

She smirked "getting scared now?"

So much for I care for you vibe.

I just pulled her in for a hug.

Cent's POV

"Welcome folks. Tonight we have 17 racers." Some chic announced. Flashed in the screen are 17 codenames. I noticed the password given to me was one of it.
I looked at the chic again. She's dressed a lil bit less than what I'm used to see. "Winner will have half a million and losers..." she dragged her tongue at the corner of her lips "you'll have to surrender your cars"

I found a smirking Nic in the audience. Lucky him. Hindi siya sumali this time.

"Having second thoughts in joining?" The chic glanced at the crowd. I looked at Luke. Wala naman mawawala sa kanya since kay Gabby naman gagamitin niya. I caught Gabby's shocked face and I wanna laugh.

He mouthed 'son of a bitch'

Luke chuckled beside me. I thought of my car. I could lose it too. Maaaan.

"We're giving you a minute to decide to drop this race."

A man silently approached us when a mad song echoed so loud. "Tuloy po kayo ma'am? Sir?" He whispered.

I faced Luke raising my eyebrow.
He's determined face gave an answer. He's not withdrawing.

Neither am I.

Five of the codenames were then scratched in the screen. I guess they're not racing further. I couldn't agree more, the prize is not even enough to buy a new car.

The chic clicked her tongue. "We have a final count of 12 then" she eyed the screen. "Let's start. Racers, please approach your cars"

The lights switched off and the man behind us whispered "ma'am, sir tara na po sa likod" he has some sort of flashlight in his hand. It's nice that they're hiding the racers out of people's view.

We followed him behind the curtains. Dim lights are on and I searched for Gabby's car. It's parked on my right, two cars away from me. I still remember magkatabi dapat kami. I suppose they move it?

"Inayos na po namin final position ng mga sasakyan" the guy said. "Kinabit na din po namin code niyo" he pointed at my car's rear. Nakapaint dun ang password na binigay sakin. So dual purpose pala ang password na yun.

I gave him a nod and searched for Luke. He's looking at me with unreadable face. I gave him a tight smile and slid inside my car.

"Ready kid?" I heard Shaq through my earpiece. I pressed the button to let him know I heard him.

"Chamelle's in there"

Really now? Hindi nila ma access ang map at kailangan pang pumunta si Chamelle dito?

"Something's bugging our system"

Shit

I gripped my steering wheel. I still don't have any idea about the finish line. They didn't tell us...yet.

The curtains dropped and I can see the crowd settled around us. I looked around me, all cars are facing one exit out the dome. Isa lang ang kasyang sasakyan sa exit. The hell.

"Racers" I looked back at the chic still on the stage. "This is your finish line" she pointed at the screen. A quick video of the map played and I help my breath when I noticed it's an uphill race. Finish line will be at some bus stop. 

I started my engine. The chic looked at me. I know she can't see me but I gave her some smug face.

I'm ready baby

All the rest started their engines too. Some revving the gas.

"Ohhh eager but wait... the prize changed. Winner will now get a million and half!"

W-what? That's crazy. Ito na pinakamalaking prize money na nasalihan ko. The car on my right honked, I bet he's liking the 7 digit.

"Ready?"

We flicked our lights.

She walked to the exit line holding a familiar black and white flag. "Down your hand brakes..." I did

She yelled "Race!" then dropped the flag. She managed to get out of the exit line before the car on my right hit her.

I glanced up my rear view mirror. Another exit behind us. Another chic just dropped same colored flag in there too.

I let all the car raced for that exit in front of us. I didnt move yet. Two cars crashed just to get to the exit and since isa lang kasya... you can imagine colliding cars. The biggest car with monster tires moved them out of the way and he got out. Others followed including Luke.

Oh boy

I then moved my gear to reverse my car back to that exit behind me. My adrenaline kicking in and I'm out of the dome.

"Goodluck kid" I heard Big Shaq said then I'm on my way to that hill.