Love

... Lo and behold he was there... He just wasn't alone.

Natalie found his brother sitting on the swing with a guy. A guy around her age. At first, they didn't realize she was there so she took the opportunity to listen to whatever they were talking about.

Him
Why you crying kid?
Syl
I'm nine I'm not a kid.
Him
Oookay... Little man... Please tell me why you're sitting in a deserted park all by yourself crying.
Syl
It's my sister... ['Stops and sniffs']... She just doesn't want to accept the fact that my parents aren't coming back.
Him
Okay but where exactly are your parents?
Syl
They went to war six months ago.
Him
War?
Syl
Yeah... It's where people go and get themselves killed. Duhhh...You don't know war? How old are you.
Him
Okay okay... Lemme get this right. Your parents went to war six months ago? But the war ended like two months ago and they're still not back? Have you contacted their military headquarters?
Syl
No we haven't. Well, can you do that for us.-[ his eyes immediately lighting up at the new idea]
Him
Contact the headquarters? They're your relatives not mine. Why can't you do it. -[ clearly not interested in calling whoever it was]
Syl
Well, my sister is too scared to do it I guess and we ran out of phone service like 4 months ago? I'll give you our details just do it for us okay? Please... Pleeeease.-[ making sure to drag the please at the end and doing this kind of puppy thing with his eyes to add to the effect].
Him
Okay fine fine.... Just stop bulging your eyes at me.
Syl
Oof! Thanks.
Him
So who do you live with.
Syl
Just my sister.
Him
How old is she?
Syl
You wanna become a detective or what?... You ask waaay too many questions.
Him
Umm... Nah... Sorry just curious. -[ scratching the back of his neck]
Syl
I see. My sister is thirteen by the way.
Him
What?... Thirteen? And you guys live alone? Have you called the cops or child services or anyone? Relatives? Family friends?-[ clearly surprised at the boy's answer]
Syl
Nope. -[ Making sure to pop the p at the end. ].
Him
Well at least you should call your relatives or something.

"We're not calling anyone okay"... Natalie speaks up from behind after clearly having heard enough of their conversation.

" Syl, come here. We're going home "... She calls her younger brother.
" Natalie "... Syl simply said... Thinking of how much she heard.
" I said come "... She speaks again... Clearly not acknowledging the fact that there was a third person around.

" Um hey "... The guy says unsure of how to approach her.
" And you are? "... Natalie asks unfazed by his beauty.
When he first turned around, she almost lost her balance from the surprise of his physical appearance.
'He must not be from around here' she thought.
Beautiful was an understatement. This guy was devishly stunning. How could a guy possess so much beauty.

"Sorry, my manners. I'm Damien. My family moved here yesterday actually s...so I'm kin...kinda new here"... He stutters.
" Fine. Whatever. Just don't talk about my family anymore. I don't like it... And you don't have to call anyone for us.... We're fine... We can handle it ourselves "

Just then she softly threw his brother's jacket on his shoulders and turned to leave pulling Syl behind clearly leaving Damien alone in the park.

"Wait"... Damien cried out from behind while running to catch up with them.
" I didn't get your name "... He said when he finally caught up with them and found his breath.
" I didn't give it "... Natalie said and turned away to leave again.

" You know you don't have to be rude. He's a nice guy "... Syl said not even bothering to look up at her.
" Well, look who's got some guts to question my attitude. You know I'm still mad at you for leaving the house at this hour. So don't you say anything about attitude "
"Yeah, whatever"... He simply replied and earned an eye roll from his sister.

Damien, completely surprised just stood there watching their retreating backs.
'That's a fierce one there' he thought to himself.
He did the one thing he was best at... He followed them.

A\N
Hey there guys....
Double updaaaaate.. Yaaay..
I know it's short but I'm trying okay... What do you think about this Damien guy...
Tell me in the comments
Add any suggestions too on how to improve the book.
Gotta go... Love y'all btw ❤😘
Becks 🌹