FEAR

It's been nearly six weeks since they heard their from mom and dad. They used to write them letters describing how the war was going. Well they used to... Until six weeks ago. Natalie was scared and thought her greatest fear would come true....
Her greatest fear?... I'm sure you already know.
Losing both of her parents in the war would totally turn their already miserable lives into a living her.

"Fuck! " She muttered to herself. Why was she even thinking about this kinda stuff.
Lost in her thoughts she didn't even realize when her brother called her.

"Earth to Nat"... He said with worry written all over his little face.
" Wait... What... Um hey "... She came fumbling.
" Why are you crying Nat? "... Syl asked.
" I am? "... She asked her brother while she wiped them away.

" Um yeah? "... He paused and said again " U're not thinking about mom and dad again are you? "... He questioned his sister.
'Play dumb' she thought... " Who's mom"...
'Not that dumb idiot' she mentally face palmed herself.

"Nataliiieee"... He whined " We promised not to think about them anymore... Why are you hurting yourself. Clearly if they were alive, they'd be home b... "He quickly covered his mouth before the rest of his sentence came jumbling out.

He quickly looked up to see the broken expression of his sister.
" I'm so sorry Nat... I didn't mean to say all those " He whispered to Natalie.
"It's alright... Let's just stop talking about it okay? " She said in return.

"But for how long Nat... It's been six months and we've heard nothing. We just can't sit there and pretend everything is okay. It's not okay. And we shouldn't ignore the matter. Let's deal with it now and go over it "... He quickly said in one breath. He turned to see Natalie's priceless face and regretted everything he just said but hey, someone needed to say it.

" How do you know all these stuff. You're barely nine. How do you even understand what is going on. Who have you been talking to. Huh?... Tell me... Who has been filling your head with these stupid words. TELL ME!... She yelled angrily at her younger brother.

"I'm nine Nat, not dumb. And I haven't been talking to anyone about this. So let's just do something about this or I'm calling the cops " He yelled back and quickly rushed out of the room with Natalie hot on his heels.

She forcefully held his wrists and spun him around so that he was facing her.
"Oh no one's calling the cops you hear me? " She yelled once again.
"Well then what are we going to do then. Tell me. They're dead Natalie. They're not coming back. They're gone. Just face it"... He screamed at Natalie with tears running down his face.
" YOU DON'T KNOW THAT! "... She screamed back with a greater force.

With that Syl ran out of the the house leaving Natalie a crying mess behind. He ran all the way to the little park down the street. It was deserted long ago since a new one was built new the school. He went and sat on the old rusty swing crying his heart out.
Meanwhile Natalie was sitting in the old swinging chair by the window... not crying, just sitting and swinging. That was his father's favorite chair. He would sit there whenever he was down and just by swinging and watching the world move by through the window, he would get new ideas on how to solve his problems.
It worked every time. She smiled to her self.  She didn't know why, she just did.
She got up, washed her face, wore her jacket, took Syl's jacket and set off to look for him. She knew where to find him. It was their secret hangout. They would play there all day even though they were almost too old to play there. But they did it anyway... Just to kill time.
Lo and behold he was there... Sitting on the old rusty swing.... He just wasn't alone.

A\N
Did you like this chapter?
Tell me what you think in the comments... No hateful words though.
Are you curious on who might be with Syl?
You can comment on the previous chapters too
I'll be updating soon though.
Lots of love❤😘
Beckah 🌹