II

(Keith's POV unless otherwise specified)
My old vans were getting hella beaten up, even Shiro was giving them looks when I wore them.
Deciding it was time to get a new pair, I walked to my desk and pulled out my old piggy bank from the bottom drawer. It was black and covered in red stars. I remember painting it black after Shiro had gotten it on sale at target, when it was an obnoxious aqua marine blue, the kind you only find in a doctors office.

I looked over at the stain on the old worn carpet floor from my 10 year old attempt to paint it myself.

Pulling myself out of my memory's, I pulled the little plastic plug from the bottom of the pig and finished out one of the few 50s that I had.

I had gotten it from my grandparents the Christmas before they had died. Shiro and I had lived with them for a few years after our parents died in a crash.

Wiping away the small tears that were pooling in my eyes I slipped the 50 into my pocket and laced up my tennis shoes.

I jogged out the door and down the creaky steps, yelling at Shiro that I was going out.

Only getting a incomprehensible mumble in response, I exited out the front door and continued on the cobble stoned street. The air was sticky with humidity and surprising cool.

Humming I'm not okay (I promise) by My Chemical Romance, I shoved my hands in my pockets walked briskly to the skate shop.

Upon arrival, the bell jingled above my head as I entered the shop. A woman that looked to be in her mid twenties greeted me at the register, her mouth stretching into a wide smile. She wore a cropped black NASA shirt and white washed ripped jeans. Her silvery white hair was tied messily into a bun at the back of her head, and she wore classic checkered slip on vans. Upon further inspection I saw pink temporary tattoos under eyes, a pretty color contrast against her chocolate skin.

"Is there anything I can help you with sir?" She asked with an enthusiastic voice.

"No thank you," I mumbled with a small shake of my head.

"Oh ok, well tell me if you change your mind." With a wink she walked into the back room, the curtain swishing in her wake.

I wandered down the first isle, quickly moving on once seeing it was men's vans.

My feet were delicate and petite, and I mostly wore women's shoes, a fact Shiro loved to tease me about. The next isle had kids vans, and then finally in the third isle I came across the women's section.

I ran my hand along the red and brown boxes, as I searched the selection.

Eventually a pair of deep red vans caught my eye. They were high tops and had the classic stripe. The stripes on this pair were black and had music notes weaving in and out of them.

Perfect.

Grabbing them I made my way to the front counter and rang the small bell up front.

From behind the curtain I heard the woman's voice again, she seemed to be reasoning with some one.

I discreetly leaned forward, my curiosity winning over.

"-comon Lance, it's my lunch break, just take care of the costumer, besides,"

Her voice got quieter but luckily Keith could still here it.
Anyway who was Lance? Keith didn't know, before he could think to much about it, she continued.

"They look like your type."

"Fine." Came a smooth deep male voice that brought a light dusting to my cheeks and caused my neck to heat up.

Oh boy.

"Mkay, thanks!"

"Sure thing Lura."

The woman from earlier emerged from the curtain and I turned around quickly, a flush on my face, trying to play it off like I wasn't just listening to their conversation.

I heard footsteps behind hers that stopped on the other side of the counter.

The woman, Lura apparently, left the shop, the bell jingling behind her.

Then a wolf whistle.

"Damn girl you've got a nice ass."

Flushing even deeper, I turned on my heel and flared at probably the most attractive human I had ever seen surprisingly, I didn't loose my composure.

"I'm actually a boy."

"And I'm actually bi."

There was a pause and then his stupidly pretty face changed into a cocky grin that looked a little to natural.

"O-okay." I managed to stutter out.

After another awkward pause, I finally built up my confidence and tried to match his smug tone.

"I would like to buy these." I boldly stated looking directly at him.

"You got it tiger." He said with the same seemingly permanently smirk plastered on his face, he even gave me a small wink before looking down at the box to scan the barcode. His smirk grew.

"So Mr. I'm actually a boy," he did a bad impression if Keith. "Why are you buying women's shoes?"

I flushed.

"They fit better I have small feet." I defended, huffing.

"Un huh, sureee. Well, anyway, that would be $37.99. But hey, if you give me your number I think I could make that $30."

That damn smirk.

"I'm ok," I replied with a smirk to match.

His face fell slightly, he looked surprised. Regaining his composure he motioned at the swiper. I flushed.

"Ah well, actually, I don't have a card, I have a cash." I looked down.

Looking up, I saw him smirk more at another thing to tease me about.

"And why not Mullet Man?"

I looked up.

"Mullet Man?"

This time lance flushed.

"Well, y-you have a mullet, it only makes since. Besides you never answered the question. Why don't you have a debit card? You look my age, 16."

"I don't have a job."

"Oh."

Another awkward silence took over.

"Well we are hiring."

I looked up, surprised. He had a small smile on his face and a light blush on his cheeks. Cute.

Wait, what?
•••
If you are sill here... thank you!
I hope you are enjoying the story! I am thinking that I will be doing Lances POV soon but idk🤔.
ANYWAY
As always remember to:
Comment💥
Vote💥
And follow💥
Love you guys so much
<3
~Ava