S1 E18- Girl Meets Master Plan

Start bij het begin

"So? Who's on your list instead?" I sigh
"I never knew what happened between my mom and dad. She just tells me not to be upset with him and never wants to go into details"
"Why not?"
"Because she did something to make him leave. You and I are the ones that get left, not like her. That's why we understand each other, right?" Oh! They're back! Wait, why are Farkle and Lucas here too?
"Where have you been? It's my birthday. And when did you guys show up? You've all been in there talking for the past hour?"
"Actually, we said what we needed to say in 10 minutes. Looks like you two have been talking for the past hour, though"
"Yeah, well, you wouldn't let us in your room, so it's like you trapped us out here"
"Uh-huh. So of course we've been talking for the past hour"
"Actually, according to my watch, it's only been-" Farkle better shut up. I walk up to him
"Maya is within five feet of you" I frown. Why does that watch sound exactly like me>
"What the-"
"Danger danger" I take his watch and stomps on it but he pulls out a similar-looking watch
"I love you, Farkle"
"Yeah, okay"
"Riley, I thought we were doing something for my birthday"
"Yeah, I'm pretty sure something's going to happen"
"Hey, Cor. Do you know Maya's mother missed her birthday?"
"I do. I do know. That's why I bought Maya a cake"
"What, that's it? That's all you did?"
"Well, you know me, Shawn. I don't like to meddle" He's definitely lying, he always meddles in our lives!
"What?! What's become of you?"
"I'm retired. I'm out"
"What? You two, window!"
"Us?"
"Whatever for?" yeah, I might do the same thing as well with Riley, Farkle, Lucas and Elliot
"You four"
"Us?"
"Window now" we walk back to her room and I sit on the bay window but nobody sits next to me, everyone is just standing while Huckleberry plays with his rope, wait, where did he get that?
"How are you feeling baby?" Elliot asks while getting close to my face. Is he crazy? What is he doing?
"Maya, it's important that you know that what we're about to do to you is for your own good" I look at Farkle, he know something and I know he's gonna tell me 'cause he can't keep any secrets
"Farkle"
"I'm the wonk!" I frown, what?
"Okay, I get it. Now what is so important?"
"You want to see a rope trick?" I don't even pay attention to a word he's saying, I'm focusing on his flexed muscles. Dang, I better stop looking at him before I actually start drooling
"Will you stop distracting me with that? It's not like I actually believed you're a real cowboy"
"Yeah, 'cause if I was, then I could do this..." he walks closer to me with a smirk, oh no-what? Elliot hugs me? Wait, no, he wants to keep me paralyzed so that Lucas can tie me.
"Why did you tie me up?" I glare at everyone
"Oh, Shawn's going to meet your mother" What?! No! Shawn is actually cool! I don't want him to leave because of my mom! I growl
"Why would you want him to meet my mother? My mother drives men away. This will end up just like my father, Riley! Shawn will run for the hills!"
"Run for the hills? Who says run for the hills?" I growl again
"Run for the hills!" Everybody climbs out of the window and I'm left here. Tied to a bed. I gotta do something! This can't happen! I try to set free but it's useless, I just break the part of the bed I was tied to but I still can't move. He tied the knot very tightly, where did he learn that?
For the rest of the day I'm left alone, thinking of what might've happened to mom and Shawn, he's probably in Mexico by now.
Oh! Riley is back! She sits next to me"Whoa. Maya, I tried. It didn't work"
"Riley, I told you, some things can't be fixed. She does this. She makes men leave. Shawn's probably in Mexico by now. Why did you do this?"
"You're angry at me"
"I am"
"How about now?" I sigh
"Right now I'm kind of, like, furious"
"Should I untie you then?"
"I wouldn't"
"If you want to give me back the friendship ring, I'll understand" I glare at her, how could she think that I'm giving it back?
"I am never giving this friendship ring back as long as I live"
"Wow. You said kind of a nice thing in a really mean voice" I groan
"Riley, people only get upset with each other when what they're talking about is important to them"
"Huh. Then maybe there's still hope" She unties me, freedom, at last.
"Thank you for untying me"
"Are you still angry at me?"
"I'll think about it. Yes!"
"So do you want to sleep over?"
"Whatever" we stand up and walk to the living where we find every Matthew family member"We just wanted to give you a birthday you'd never forget, Maya"
"I appreciate it Ms.Matthews. I do. Some things are just impossible"
"I used to not believe that. I still don't" Right then Shawn walks in with my mom behind him, what is happening?
"Happy Birthday. Everything you think is wrong"
"I asked you not to tell her. Why would you do this?"
"Because she deserves to love the parent who stayed" I frown
"What?"
"Your mother had nothing to do with your father leaving, Maya. All right? All this time she's just been protecting him for you" I look at her, I can't believe it
"Mom? You got left?"
"I'm sorry"
"She's one of us. Come here" I get closer to them
"I couldn't afford to get you what you wanted without working a couple extra shifts, but I got it, honey. Shawn helped me"
"A locket?" she knows I've been asking it for a very long time now she nods
"Yeah"
"Where is it?"
"It's in my purse"
"I'll get it" Shawn walks towards her purse
"You can't go through my purse" Riley and I share a look, we know what's happening
"Let him!" we shout in chorus. He gives it to my mom who puts it around my neck. It's simply beautiful. I turn around and hug her tightly. I feel like I'm about to cry but I don't wanna ruin this moment with my stupid emotions.
"Did you see what I did there, Cor? I got Maya and her mother together"
"Yeah. You did great, Shawn"
"Well, I'd be happy to include you in my next scheme"
"Sorry, buddy. I got me a new partner now" Mr. Matthews hugs his daughter
"So you're with her now, huh?"
"Me and her. You're on your own"
"Come on! What fun is pulling off schemes by yourself?" I pull away from my mom and head to where he is
"Oh, it's you and me now?"
"Well, hey, I'm in the market for a new partner in crime"
"Yeah, all right, I'll try you out and see how you do"
"Cake time" mom lights up the candles and I sit on the bench in the kitchen
"Happy Birthday, baby girl. Make a wish" I look at her and then I look at Shawn. Could they-? Nah-No. It's my birthday, I can't let my walls down a little bit and have a little bit of hope. I'm not asking much, just for both of them to find happiness in their lives, maybe together, who knows. I smile and blow the candles.