30: Coffee Stains On Tiles

Comenzar desde el principio

He could feel it. His bones gnawing at the thought of losing her like he lost his mom. He didn't know if his mom is alive. All he knows is he's alone. He can't deal with this alone. He just doesn't know what to do anymore. He has to keep his son, daughter safe from the lose. He got a stable job for them. He needed— no he needs this to work out. If it doesn't, he won't be able to look himself in the mirror.

"FP?" He blinked in surprise, and then anger raged through his body. "What do you want, Gladys?" He spat as he pressed the pen tip into his note pad until it bleed black.

Gladys stood in the doorway, holding a coffee cup in her hands with a small smile," Well, I heard about your sister." She tried to sympathize but she always hated Alexandra.

FP scoffed," Cut the crap, Gladys. You never liked her to begin with and frankly she didn't either."

Gladys's face turns hard and shook with surprise. "I was just trying to be kind, FP. I thought a coffee would be nice, you know?" He laughed," And what? Is this coffee filled with betrayal too... or was that just your fizzle rocks deal?" Her jaw clenched shut.

"Wow... I did what I thought was best for our family, FP!" Yeah right, he thought bitterly. "Don't scoff at me or matter factually, You aren't perfect either! You drank through our marriage, distorted our family and hurt them!"

FP clenched his jaw tightly until it hurt," Oh, Really?! You ran a drug business while our son slept in places, god knows where, you chose drugs!"

"Whose's fault was that? Huh? You're's! You drove me away, forcing me to take JB to Toledo!" She shouted back.

"For your drug business!" He shot back, slamming his palms onto the desk, causing a flinch to appear on her face.

The tension grew significantly as the curry in their faces topped its limit. When he found out was about two weeks prior about her taking over the drug trade from Hiram Lodge. That she was the buyer for Hiram's drugs. They fought for hours while Lexie took JB and Jug out to keep them from the fight. He never thought Gladys could be that devious until now.

She tried to act like she didn't cause a wedge in their marriage. But while he was getting his life together she had their son lying for her. His surprise party at the speakeasy was all lies. Him and Jug spoke about it the other day. Jughead told him that he wanted to tell him but she forced him not to by blackmail. He couldn't believe his wife resorted to extortion on her own son. She even had JB in on it. He still haven't asked why she had. Too much was going on right now. His sister could die any second and now he had to deal with Gladys's bullshit games.

"Just get out, Gladys!" He snapped with complete rage.

She stomped on her heel, "Fine. Have fun fucking Alice! I"ll go and draw up the papers for you and miss 'O' so perfect!" She spat her name with total disgust.

"At least she actually cares for me and the kids, unlike you! YOU LEFT US! YOU KNOW WHAT?!"

"WHAT, FP!"

His tendrils flared up, burning red hot as he spat these words," YOU LEFT US JUST LIKE MY MOTHER DID! YOU RAN OFF, ONLY CARING ABOUT YOURSELF! YOU DIDN'T CARE ABOUT JB'S SAFETY, YOU ONLY WANTED TO DO THAT TO MAKE YOURSELF LOOK BETTER!" But he was far from over. She used him for years but why? He honestly didn't care anymore." SO NO I DIDN'T FUCKED UP, YOU DID!"

Gladys's glares at him with red eyes, grabs the door knob with her open hand and finally yanks it, "FUCK YOU, FORSYTHE!" She screams before slamming the door harshly behind her.

As soon as that door slams, FP smiles. He was free and hopefully Alice takes him back. He sits back down in his chair, opens the folder and examines the name on file. He had his proof, and undoes the recorder from his waistband and looks mischievously at the device in his hands. Gladys was going down. He pulls out his cell phone and dials the number," I got it. yes, she's clueless. Oh you have it? Great bring it in on Tuesday. I can't wait until then. I will finally be free." He hangs up and smiles happily to himself.