Game night

Eddie had a tough shift at the hospital. The pocket of his scrubs is a rainbow flag. Usually people ignore it ,sometimes they will ask about his sexuality and the least times one person per shift screams at him how sinful it is, but today was really bad. Almost all his patients( including their family) either asked for another nurse or shouted at him to leave the room so he "doesn't give it to them".

He walked home on the verge of tears and tried to not let those people get in his head. He was hoping to have a quiet night with his boyfriend Richie. A simple dinner (probably the leftover pizza from the other night) and watch some movies while cuddling together.

He got home to find a note on the door and a Nerf gun on the doormat.

"Eds,

Welcome home. I'm hiding in the house with a Nerf gun, here is the other one...

The loser cooks dinner tonight.

May the odds be in your favor.

Kisses, Richie"

"Well, there goes my quiet night. Might as well play his game." Eddie thought while picking the toy gun.

"I'm home! You better found a good hiding spot because i will find you!" Eddie screamed as he entered the door.

He was hoping Richie would be stupid enough to scream back so he could at least get a hint of his location, but the only sound that he heard was the creaking of the floor under his feet.

He slowly made his way to the living room, searching the closet in the hall. He looked under the sofa and after the curtains. He then went to the kitchen and search the double cabinets. Nothing yet, but he will win.

He searched the bathroom and the office before going to their bedroom. As soon as he entered, the reloading of a gun was heard. It was muffled so it either came from the pile of dirty clothes in the corner of the room or the closet across from it. He had to choose fast, before Richie made a move first. He considered his option before seeing a loophole.

The pile was in the corner next to the bed, so If he was fast enough, he could run to the pile and throw it down and after he would crawl under the bed and come out the other side. Maybe when he goes to the pile, Richie would run out of the closet  and come to him, but he would already be behind him. 

He ran and tackled the pile and when he hit the ground he heard the closet door open. Perfect. He smiled to himself and quickly crawled to the other side of the bed. 

"Huh?" he heard Richie say confused while he got behind him.

"Boo!" Eddie screamed and shot Richie. He turned around and was hit in the chest. The surprise made him fall on his back and Eddie got on top of him, disarming Richie.

"I win!" 

"Congrats. Looks like i have to make dinner then." Richie chuckled 

"Yes you do!"

"Ok, princess, what would you like?" Richie asked as he got up, carrying Eddie to the kitchen.

"Well, because i'm nice, some heated leftover pizza sounds good"

"No way! I said the loser cooks dinner. I lost. Hit me with your worst!"

"Fine! Chef, make me a burger!"

"That's more like it!"

Richie got some pre-made burger meat from the freezer and let it in warm water to defrost.

"Come on, let's watch an episode of Friends while we wait." Richie said, heading to the living room

"Why don't you put it on while i change out of these clothes?"

"Okay, that's fine."

Eddie quickly took a shower and put on one of Richie's T-shirts and a pair of clean boxers.

"That took you long enough." Richie chuckles as Eddie walked to the couch.

"Oh. Sorry, i didn't realize i took so long."

"You didn't. I 'm just messing with you Spaghetti."

"You know, you gave me that nickname 18 years ago and i still hate it."

They both laughed. After, they cuddled and  Richie pressed play on the episode.

After it finished, Richie tried to get up, but Eddie kept him in place.

"Eds, i have to go and check on the meat."

"No, don't leave... You're warm." Eddie whispered as he nuzzled his head in the crook of Richie's neck.

Richie looked at his boyfriend fondly

"Come on, sleepy head, let's go to bed."

Eddie nodded and Richie got up carring him bridal style. He first went to the kitchen to put the meat back in the fridge. He then made his way to their bedroom.

He carefully put Eddie down on the bed and lied down next to him. He pulled the blanket over them. He put an arm over Eddie's waist and pulled him until there wasn't any space left between them.

Richie watched Eddie's sleeping form for a while.

"I love you, Eds,so fucking much. I can't wait to marry you." he whispered in Eddie's hair.

"Me too, Rich." Eddie muttered before they fell asleep in each others arms.