28. Lovesick or Stupid?

Winter soon came and Yin Hua Lei's wound healed bit by bit, scabbed and until all that remained was a scar.

Tiandi still visited Gao Le palace almost every day and the little dumpling looked satisfied watching her mother sew a few winter dresses and articles for her.

She didn't know that her mother was so fed up seeing her dressed like her father, all colorful like a peacock. So Yin Hua Lei started her work even before her wound fully healed.

She also didn't forget to include Xia Luyoung because for better or for worse, the tenth princess already stuck to her like glue.

She was also happy to have someone wear her creations, even though she didn't explicitly show it.

Xia Luyoung on the other hand was ecstatic on the idea of receiving a dress personally made by Gao Le princess.

She had long been admiring Yin Hua Lei's minimalistic yet elegant way of clothing but didn't have the gall to ask who her seamstress was.

It turned out it was Gao Le princess herself who designed them and trained people to make the robes as she liked.

But this time, Xia Luyoung hit the jackpot because Yin Hua Lei herself would be the one to embroider the dresses she would give to both her and Bao Bei.

As the days grew colder, Yin Hua Lei couldn't help but notice that a certain someone was avoiding her.

It wasn't that there was a reason for her to meet that person but not once had she seen his shadow since that night.

Just thinking that she was yet to have the opportunity to give him a piece of her mind on the things he was teaching Tiandi was enough to cause her internal injuries.

What happened to him? Yin Hua Lei was absentminded as she watched the small dumpling munch on pastries.

"Tiandi... enough sweets for today." She still didn't forget to monitor her daughter's sweets intake.

The little treasure pouted but still put down the the mung bean cake that was about to enter her tiny mouth, albeit reluctantly.

After which, her mood already turned like a wheel as she giggled, bounced to her feet and hopped her way to Yin Hua Lei. "Nappie nap time!"

Yin Hua Lei let her settle on her lap and nestled the girl between her arms, sending the small body's warmth all the way to her heart.

Xia Luyoung on the other hand, was used to this sight. She didn't think much and focused on her embroidery. She received tips from Yin Hua Lei so she was trying her best to perfect it.

The first time she saw Bao Bei cuddling Princess Gao Le jiejie, Xia Luyoung passed it off as her body still being underdeveloped. Hence, the little dumpling opted to hug the elder sister.

She'd been thinking like that ever since and didn't suspect anything.

***

"Lian'er the engagement has been put off for a long time now. Why are you still insisting on not announcing it? You really don't want to marry her?"

The Emperor was sitting inside his study. Across from him was his younger brother who had a huge age gap of 28 years.

In truth, when he learned that Imperial Consort Liu Qing was pregnant back then, he also had doubts.

If Xia Chun didn't personally know the consort's integrity, then he would have been the first one to accuse her of tricking the Emperor.

But he also knew that his Imperial Father's weakness was a beauty. At the age of 50 plus, his imperial father was still vigorous in those matters between a man and a woman. In fact, he was dubbed as a romantic Emperor.