The Return

It's currently 4:59 am and I haven't slept since yesterday so sorry if there are any errors
Clementine's POV

  The sound of a gunshot rang through the air but was soon interrupted by a loud clap of thunder. The second I heard it I feared for my sons life. He was the one thing that has kept me going all these years, I wanted to kill Marlon for even pointing that gun at him. Another clap of thunder brought me back to reality.

  Marlon had dropped his gun and was holding his shoulder that showed crimson on his shirt when he turned to face us. That's when I noticed Minerva had her pistol pointed at him. "Don't you dare point that gun at my girlfriend's son!" She yelled with a rage I had never heard from her before. Behind Marlon I could see the shocked faces of the other kids.

  "Clem... It-it hurts again..." Brody winced leaning her head onto my shoulder. "It's ok Brody we're here we can get you patched up, your gonna be ok." She grunted and closed her eyes making me panic. "Ruby we need you to take care of Brody I think she has a concussion." Ruby was brought out of her shock and told Aasim to help her as they took Brody into the admin building to be treated.

  Then our attention was back to Marlon and his wounded shoulder. Minnie equaled the rage I felt as we advanced to him. He looked scared, more scared then he had at the shack. He made a move to grab the gun again but stopped when he saw that Minnie's gun was still pointed at him.

  "No y-you can't-no they can't know..." I turned my gaze to the kids. AJ was ok, but he looked afraid. Then my gaze landed on the boy next to him, Tenn. He looked heartbroken but also an expression I had never seen on him, angry. "You said they died!" He yelled with tears in his eyes.

  This caught Minerva's attention, she stopped glaring at Marlon to look over at her little brother. "T-Tenn..." A sad smile was on her face, but the lack of attention allowed Marlon to grab his gun. It was now aimed at me, Minnie noticed immediately and glared him down as she reluctantly lowered her gun.

  "Don't trust them Tenn she's with the raiders now, they both are." He tried to convince the boy with his gun still trained on me. "Did you see what she did to Brody, after we took her in she tried to kill her." Minnie's eyes went wide with anger. "Bullshit Marlon, you knocked Minerva out then hit Brody, you nearly split her damn head open you fucking asshole!" I yelled out over the rain that started growing louder.

  He flinched when I yelled and lowered the gun slightly, the kids saw this and started yelling. "Dude you can't be serious!" "Marlon what is she talking about?" "Marlon what the fuck." Marlon's face turned to Tenn as he yelled out at him. "Why would you tell me they were dead!"

  This caught Minerva's attention. "You...You told them I was dead..." Marlon looked like a cornered animal as he looked at the kids. It gave me the perfect distraction, so I ran to him pulled the gun out of his hand and pushed him down. He landed hard on the ground, holding his gunshot wound.

  "Should I tell them or would you like to?" I spat at him. He looked down in shame before he shook his head. "Marlon gave the twins to the raiders in exchange for safety." I saw Minerva's face harden as she took in the information. "You... She's dead because of you!" Tears flowed from her eyes as her gun pointed at Marlon's head.

  "I-I wanted to go get you two really but I was scared, I'm sorry..." He was sobbing with his head down. "Please just let me leave I won't hurt anyone anymore if I'm gone." He was shaking as he pleaded but Minerva's gun stayed trained on his head. I knew she would pull the trigger soon so I held her free hand to get her to turn to me.

  She looked at me with so much pain in her eyes it hurt to see her like that. Her hand squeezed mine as my other went to lower her gun, she let me. Once the gun was off Marlon I turned away from Minnie to talk. "No. You don't get to run away from your problems like that Marlon. In case you've forgotten those raiders are on their way to hurt this school, so get your head out of your ass and help your people."

  He looked me in the eyes as he listened. He nodded before standing up, his hand going to his shot shoulder once more. I looked over at the kids to make sure they were all ok and they were. "C'mon everybody inside, nobody better catch a cold because of this rain." And just like that everyone started heading for the admin building so we could all talk.

  Me and Minnie's hands were still intertwined as we walked, before she suddenly stopped letting the kids get a little bit ahead of us. "Clem what do I do, do I...tell them what happened to Sophie?" I could see the fresh tears in her eyes as she undoubtedly relived her sisters death in her mind.

  "If you need time tell them that. They care about you a lot I can tell." She looked down to escape my gaze. Since I am shorter than her all I had to do was walk closer pressing myself onto her then look up to see her face again. Our eyes connected as I placed a hand on her cheek. "Whatever happens you still have me and AJ ok. We are still going to be there for you." She smiled and leaned down to place a kiss on my lips.

  Her kisses were always sweet and lifted my mood, I hope she felt the same when we kissed. We both knew we had to face the music soon, but right now we just wanted to hold onto each other for just a little bit longer. Eventually we did let go and went into the admin building to find the kids talking amongst themselves.

  That's when Minnie got bombarded with hug after hug from all her friends who had missed her minus Ruby and Aasim who were upstairs taking care of Brody and Marlon. Once they finally let go of her I got on my tip toes to whisper her a question. "Is it ok for me to go check on Brody, it's ok if you need me I can stay if you want?"

  She took a deep breath before she nodded and leaned down to kiss my cheek. "I should be ok, you can go check on her. Just be sure to come back and tell me how she's doing." I smiled at her before I went up the stairs to see Brody lying on a couch with Ruby and Aasim watching over her. Marlon was by the railing of the stairs, his shoulder patched up, as he watched the kids talk to Minerva.

  "Hey." He turned to me before quickly turning back to looking out over the kids. "Why...why did you let me stay...after everything I did...after I hurt Brody and Minnie?" He looked back to me waiting for an answer. "I've seen a lot of bad people. Your not one of them, sure you messed up but you had good intentions for the most part. Believe me I've met a lot of people that have done way worse." My mind flashed to Carver for a second before I shook the image from my mind.

  "Thank you Clementine. For letting me stay, for saving Brody, for stopping Minnie fron killing me, and for staying to protect us." I placed a hand on his uninjured shoulder to provide some comfort. "You're welcome." He smiled before turning to see Brody sleeping on the couch. "Will she be ok?" "I think she just needs some rest is all, c'mon let's go ask Ruby."

  I took one last look at the kids and Minnie. She was hugging Tenn and talking to Louis and Violet. She seemed a little uncomfortable but happy all the same. It was nice to see her smile so much and laugh. 'Damn I'm so attached and we haven't even known each other that long.'

  I shake my head with a small smile still on my lips I turn to follow Marlon to talk to Ruby.

______________________________________
I know this is really short compared to my other chapters but I didn't want to make you guys wait that long so here you go. I hope you liked it and no this isn't the end there's honestly still so much for me to write it's exciting. 🌈🌈👌👌