1 - Tick Tock Goes the Clock

Start from the beginning

"Don't try to speak, I don't want you to hurt yourself too much. Now all I want you to do is when you gain control of your body again I want you to open your eyes very slowly. All you have to do is concentrate and think especially hard about the certain thing you want to do. Don't think about anything else...just opening your eyes. And while you do that I'll answer some questions that I think you might have."

And so I did what he said. I thought and thought but I couldn't concentrate because his voice was too much of a distraction. So I just pretended to sit there and move my eyes back and forth which I was still capable of doing and just listened to him.

"So I bet the biggest ones are who am I and why am I here right? Well let's just start with who, what, where, when, why, and how. OK.?"

I managed to nod my head a tiny bit and he chuckled again and went on.

"So who is me obviously and who I am is a mystery. Hey wow that rhymed." I could hear the smile in his voice and that wanted to make me smile too but it seems I lost all control of that too. "Now what...I don't know how to answer that so let's move on. Where is obviously here. When is right now, a couple of minutes after midnight on a lovely summer night. When I was walking here it was absolutely beautiful. A wonderful day for a death...anyway...why am I here? I think that's the biggest of them all. See my little princess I've been watching you over the years and you are a very peculiar person. Ever since you were born I've been watching you and my dear you are quite special.

You see your mother and I go way back...like way way back. She is not who you think she is...and neither are you. All I can say is don't put your life in someone else's hands cause they're bound to steal it away. But I guess you had no control over that. Your mother tried to hide her mistakes but I found her quite easily and she was burned. Don't get me wrong she was a wonderful person but she had to go for what she did." He lowered his voice for a second. "I'll tell you all about that later OK sweetheart?"

My heart accelerated when he called me that. Goodness Paige get a hold of yourself.

"You're mother died in a house fire...so did your dad and precious brother. Tsk tsk I suppose I have to take the blame for that. Sorry."

Anger shot threw me and my eyes snapped opened.

The only thing I could think was...wow. This man was beautiful. I only saw half of his face because it was hidden by the hood of the sweatshirt he was wearing. I started inspecting him from toe to his head.

This man, if you could even call him that, was wearing army style boots with tight fitting dark wash jeans that suited him very well. He was wearing a belt with a grinning skull as the buckle. How ironic. Also to finish his outfit off he wore a simple black hoodie that covered half of his face. His lips were perfectly defined and slightly pouted. His tongue flicked out and licked his upper lip quicker than a second...but it was all in slow motion to me. His jaw was set and tensed as if he was gritting his teeth together in anger. He had slight stubble on his face as if he forgot to shave this morning and it made him a thousand times more attractive. Everything that I saw about him was perfect. Almost a little too perfect for someone with his reputation.

His lips slowly curved into a smirk showing one almost un-noticeable dimple on his right cheek. "Like what you see?" I could just imagine one of his eyebrows raising up sexily while his eyes sparked with humor. Oh how much I wanted to see his eyes.

I just sat there in silence, gawking. My senses were still heightened and his intoxicating smell still overwhelmed me. To others they would probably smell some expensive men's cologne. But not me. There was this overwhelming smell of death masked with the scent of 100 dollar cologne. Surprisingly it was a good mixture. Weird right?