3 - The Wicked Witch of Hell

My eyes widened, jaw dropped open and I sat there in shock as the whole table stared at me for a reaction. After a couple of seconds of silence he busted out laughing and so did the other two guys at the table. Annabelle sat there with her lips pursed and arms crossed giving her brothers a glare.

"Oh my you should have seen your face!" He managed to say in between giggles. "Wife! Hahaha. Oh in your dreams my dear Paige--"

"Brother that was so rude of you. And you too Jax and Lee for laughing with him. Don't set the girl up like that." Annabelle's glare moved between all three guys and they seemed to sink lower in their chairs.

He wiped a small tear out of his eye. "Sorry Belle...I just couldn't help myself. I'm only teasing our special guest. My actual wife is going out on a trip. She should be leaving here soon."

Annabelle grumbled something under her breath and I was pretty sure it wasn't something very nice about his wife.

The men of the table continued to chat. They talked about his wife, how they rearranged some of the furniture in a new room that they just expanded and some kind of garden. Annabelle joined into some of their conversations and I just sat there like an idiot playing with some of the crystals on my dress.

They also talked about me as if I wasn't even sitting right there.

"She punched a mirror! That's why her hand is bandaged up. Man that thing bled for days it was crazy. But she shouldn't worry too much about bleeding anymore because she doesn't have a heart beat to pump it!" Jax and Lee laughed as if it was so hilarious that I was dead.

Jax turned toward me and smiled and I hesitantly smiled back. He was definitely younger than his siblings and I think even younger than me. around 15 or 16 possibly. He seemed pretty nice but I think he was just laughing at his brothers jokes because you could see in his eyes that he looked up to his brother.  

Lee on the other hand didn't even spare me one glance as they all talked. While Jax, Annabelle, and even the man sitting right across from me stole a glance or two as I sat there silently.

Abruptly the large oak doors I came through slammed open and all conversation ceased. All heads turned towards the door and I didn't even dare look as it would be too awkward to turn around in this huge chair and gawk at who entered the room. I was assuming it was his wife. The room was quiet and the only sound was high heels clipping on the floor as she moved towards the table. Soon she was right next to me staring straight at her husband...not even looking at me once.

"What is this..." She looked down at me and smirked with her blood red lips, the same as mine. "girl doing in my chair dear?"

Her beauty stunned me. I thought Annabelle was absolutely stunning and this woman made Annabelle look like some average looking girl. I never felt so self conscious in my life sitting next to these two women. Along with that she seemed to look down at me as if I was inferior to her...which I most likely was. Her midnight black eyes held hatred and there was even a spark of jealously. Was she jealous of me? Hah...impossible. I wasn't anything to be jealous from.

"This girl is our guest today Azalea. I expect you to be on your best behavior darling. And I thought you weren't staying for dinner?"

She smiled over at him. "Oh you know I can't do that sweetie. And I thought I would cancel my trip up there and spend time with my family...but I see my presence might be disturbing some." She looked at me and glared for a second but then her expression changed to a softer one as she looked back up.

"You're not disturbing anyone. Paige means no harm and I'm sure is not disturbed by your beauty my dear Azalea. Jax, go fetch a chair and bring it next to me. You can sit there Lea."