Chapter 10

Trigger warnings: descriptions of beatings and blood. Anxiety attack and depressing thoughts

A/n: please read authors note at end

No ones POV:

Chris woke up in a white walled room. She was laying on an examination table, her hands and feet strapped in leather bounds. Her wings were strapped down too, stretched out taking up most of the room. Chris felt like she was drugged. She could barely keep her eyes open and moving wasn't even something that could be considered.
Heels clicked their way into the room and over to Chris's body. Naomi looked down at the teenager, a small malicious smile playing on her lips. With the smallest movement of her hand, Chris was now awake, but still felt drained.
"Where.... where am I?" Chris asked, looking around the room.
"Never mind that dear. Why don't you answer some simple questions so we know your brain isn't all scattered. Let's start, shall we?"
Panic was starting to pick up in Chris's chest. She tugged her arms, trying to get them free though her attempts were in vain.
"What's your name?"
"Chris..." Chris couldn't control it. She wanted to keep the words in. She didn't want to tell this woman anything, but it just came out.
"Full name."
"Christopher Lilac Winchester."
"Good. Date of birth?"
"August 19th 2002."
"Parents?"
"Julia Simons and Dean Winchester."
'No.' Chris thought. 'That woman isn't my mother. Cas. Dean. My parents. My family.'
"You're doing great Christopher. Now when did you meet Dean and Sam Winchester?"
"What? I don't under-"
"When did you meet them Christopher?" Naomi pressed.
"About six or seven months ago... why is this im-"
"Who is Castiel to you?" She asked with narrow eyes.
"He's my da-AHH!" A sharp stabbing pain was throbbing in her lower back, making its way up. It went away after what seemed like an eternity, in reality it was about 5 seconds.
Chris had begun to sweat, her breathe becoming labored.
"Who is he Christopher?"
"My da-AHHHH!" It kept coming back.
Same question. Same response. Same pain. Over and over. After the 47th time she asked it, Chris felt like passing out.
"N-no one.... hes no one.." saying those words hurt more then her back. More then what Bill and Razzel put her through. If she wasn't already crying she would have started right then.
"Good girl." Naomi pet down Chris's damp hair, before continuing her questions. "Do you realize why you are so important Chris?"
"I'm not important! You people are psychotic!"
"My dear you are so important. You were bred by the vassal of Michael."
"So-" Chris started coughing and blood came up. "What?! Why do you need me?!"
"I think we'll stop here for now. Get some rest Christopher. We are going to continue this tomorrow."
"No... no no no!"
Naomi walked out of the room, bolting the door shut as she left.
Chris shifted in her bonds, skin tugging at the tightly bound metal locks. Her wings pulled but it didn't move much due to the chains wrapped around them.
"Someone! Please! HELP ME!" She screamed for hours, until her voice was nothing more then a few chopped up words.
"Dean..." Chris whispered right before passing out.
-on earth-
Dean had called Cas after finding Chris's bag, and immediately he came over. The men spent all night looking through the town for her but found nothing. Dean was in full blown panic, Cas was shutting down and Sam... Sam was trying to keep it together so they would actually find Chris.
Cas had visited heaven to see if they had taken her but came up with nothing. He couldn't find her anywhere and it was driving him crazy.
Dean was sitting in Chris' room, staring at her wall of photos. Every one she's taken since coming to the bunker with the boys. One of Sam sleeping, while Gabriel was drawing a mustache on him. A photo of Dean and Cas sleeping while watching a horror movie marathon. Sam taking a photo of Dean teaching Chris how to shoot. Gabriel and Chris trashing the kitchen while Cas was in the background sighing. Teddy and Jack over during game night. Chris liked taking pictures of her family. Something she knew little of but treasured immensely.
Her laptop sat on her desk, half open. Dean sighed and got up, walking over to it and opening it fully. The screen lit up, displaying a picture of her, Teddy and Jack, them jumping on her back and all of them smiling like idiots. Dean clenched his fist, knuckles white, as he saw the face of his missing daughter.
He glanced at a file marked "memories that don't totally s u c k". He chuckled at the name before clicking it and watching a video pop up. He pressed play and watched as it loaded up a shaky video.
Chris' laughing face came into view and he immediately felt that ache of missing his daughter come back.
"Okay okay okay! It's recording! What are we doing today my fellow weirdos?"
"We are HIKING!" Teddy said with glee. Jack groaned in the background and Chris just laughed.
"And I'm capturing this rare moment on tape!"
Dean smiled as he continued watching the video. It was two hours and forty three minutes of back and forth banter between teens. The kids finally made it to the top of the hiking trail and Jack pointed the camera at Chris who was now covered in sweat but looked happy.
"I TOLD YOU WE WOULDNT DIE!"
"Speak for yourself, I died on the way up here." Jack joked.
Teddy rolled his eyes before kissing Jack on the cheek and going over to Chris and hugging her from behind. They both sighed in content as they looked out at the skyline. Chris reaches out her hand, swiping, trying to catch whatever she was looking at.
"One day I'll touch the sky. One day... I won't have to be here anymore..." there was more meaning behind these words then most people knew. Jack came over and joined in on the hug, kissing Chris on her head.
"One day it'll be great. You will be living in a nice apartment with a dog across from my and Teddy. And we'll have dinner together every Friday and Sunday!"
Chris laughed and hugged the two boys.
"That sounds great..."
The video ended with Chris smiling into the camera, facing the sunset.
Dean was trying not to break down as the next video started up.
"Say hi Dean." The side of Dean's head came into view and he watched himself turn, facing the camera, a goofy smile on his face. Chris stifled a laugh as she saw him.
"You're weird. Say hi Sam!"
The camera faced a smiling Sam and an overjoyed Gabriel.
"Hi-"
"HIIII!" Gabriel shouted.
"Cas say hi!"
"Hello."
The camera finally turned to Chris, who had dark circles under her eyes and her hair was up in a messy bun. Dean remembered this night. They were trying to get Chris to take a break and relax so they set up a game night. She ended up passing out halfway through monopoly but it was fine. This way they knew she was actually sleeping.
The next video was of Chris and Teddy. They were wearing a pink(Teddy) and blue(Chris) dress and singing I Am A Girl Like You from the Barbie movie. They were dancing and laughing as they did this and you could tell Jack was trying not to laugh from behind the camera.
The video changed once again.
"Here we see a wild Dean Winchester in its natural habitat... fixing his prized car. The one he probably loves more then his daughter." Chris monologued as she neared Dean as he worked on the impala.
He looked at her and laughed.
"HE DOESNT DENY IT!"
"Shut up and come help me."
Chris set up her camera and it taped them just talking and joking around while Dean taught her how to fix the car. Dean left the garage to get a drink and Chris came over to the camera.
"Heya dad, I hope you enjoyed this video series! I know how much you regret missing me growing up so I decided to make sure to capture every memory. Here's to more to come. Love ya weirdo." Chris laughed as she ended the video.
Cas came up to the cracked door, and looked in to see Dean sitting at Chris's desk, tears falling down his face. He quietly entered the room and sat on the bed behind Dean. They sat in silence for a few moments.
"I can't find her..." Dean said, his voice breaking. "I can't find my little girl... why can't I find her? Why'd it have to be her? Why couldn't it have been me?"
Cas used his thumbs to wipe away the crystal tears that fell over Dean's face.
"No. You can't think like that. We are going to find her. No matter what."
Cas wrapped Dean in a hug and they stayed like that for the rest of the night.
-heaven-
It felt like an eternity. Chris had no clue how long she's been here. She had no clue how many times Naomi had come and picked her brain. Her back ached from laying down so long and from all the pain that ripped through her. Chris was sure she was forgetting things... it felt like somethings she should be thinking about. Someone. People. But why? Who?
The familiar clicking of heels came back and soon Chris saw the face of her captor.
"Hello Chris dear. Are you ready?"
Chris just nodded her head. She knew better then to refuse. The first time she did they broke one of her wings. The second, they took it. And she felt every little thing.
"Good. Who is this?" Naomi held up a picture of a man with dark brown hair and a light brown trench coat.
Something about him looked familiar but she couldn't place it.
"I-I don't know... who is he?"
"A monster. A traitor."
The words didn't seem right but Chris didn't know any better.
"Good. Don't worry Chris. This is all going to be over soon." Naomi pet down Chris's hair before moving aside so two different angels could walk up to her. She recognized them. The took her other wing.
Chris's eyes widened in fear and she began to thrash in her restraints.
"NO!" She screamed as they moved her so she was upright, still strapped in.
One of the Angels grabbed ahold of her, trying to keep her steady, while the other grabbed the wing, which was flapping wildly. Chris heard and felt as they broke the bone connecting her wing. She screamed in pain as they cut the skin surrounding the wing.
Chris was sweating bullets and her voice was giving out as she screamed. Her entire back was on fire and she could barely breathe.
Naomi walked over to her, grabbing Chris by her hair and pulling it so she'd look at her.
"Don't worry. You won't remember any of this."
"Like hell I won't." Chris seethed. Here eyes flashed bright green before the entire world faded white.
Chris fell to the ground with a loud thump and groan. Dirt and dead leaves crunched under her as she rolled on her side, trying to ease some of her pain. A shaky hand reached behind her, her fingertips grazing the open wound, sending pain shooting down her entire back.
She gasped in pain, choking on the breathe she sucked in.
Her legs felt like lead but she willed them to stand and start walking. She had no clue where she was but she couldn't just stay in one place. Her eyes drifted up to the night sky and watched the stillness of it all for a moment. She searched for any familiar constellations.
"No.... these only appear in November... why? How long have I been gone?" Her movements were slow and stiff but she started walking.
After about two hours of walking, Chris made it to a deserted highway. She sighed in relief and picked a direction to go. One way or another it was bound to lead somewhere that might be helpful.
Tonight was particularly cold but Chris didn't notice it very much, her mind on how much pain each step caused. Blood ran down her back and legs, making it so that each step left a bloody footprint. It was a miracle she hadn't bleed out yet, but she chalked that up to the weird plus sides of being part angel.
Her feet were caked with dirt and cuts but this didn't stop her from doing this mindless movement. Her mind was numb but she kept going.
Just as she was walking past a break in the trees, her feet stopped moving. This place felt familiar, but why? Her eyes roamed the trees, hoping something would jog that memory that just wouldn't come. Slowly, she began walking into the opening and down the path. It all became clear. She was almost home.
The never ending scent of pine was all she smelled when she breathed in and there were only trees for miles.
A sharp pain in Chris's foot caused her to look down to see the shard of a broken beer bottle.
Images of a battle being chucked at her flashed under her eyelids. Quickly shaking her head, she removed the glass from her foot, tossing it to the side.
As she drew closer to the end of path she found the bunker. Tears stung her eyes and she ran to the building. Chris started to pound on the door, trying to get anyone's attention inside.
"Dean! Sam! Come on! Guys!" Growling in frustration, Chris's eyes flashed green and the door opened.
Chris felt like she might pass out, she felt so relieved. Pushing the heavy door open, Chris walked into the bunker. Everything looked the same. There were books on the table, still open from the last person reading them, along with notes and maps.
Chris moves as fast as she could (a turtle could beat her) and made her way down the stairs.
"Dean?! Sam!!"
The atmosphere felt like no ones been here for a while. There was a layer of dust over the open book. Chris's heart dropped and her hopes of finding her uncle and father fell by the second.
"DEAN!" She screamed, making her way through the rest of the bunker. It was deserted. Tears stung her eyes and she didn't have the energy to hold them back. Sobs wracked through her aching body as she fell to the floor, blood, tears and dirt mixing together across her face.
"Dad... please..." panic swelled in her stomach and her chest tightened. Her hands shook against the tile flooring and she couldn't breathe. Surly this is what it felt like when you were dying, but Chris knew this feeling all too well. It wasn't death, but a panic attack.
"Make it stop make it stop MAKE IT STOP!"
The walls around her cracked. Everything went silent as Chris sat hunched over on the floor, taking deep breathes to calm down. Her face was red and puffy and her lungs burned, desperate for oxygen. Her eyelids felt heavy and every muscle in her body was just about to give up, but Chris pushed herself up and walked to the bathroom. She pushed back the curtain and twisted the metal handle, watching as the hot water poured out. She stripped out of her dirty clothes and stepped in, skin instantly burning before relaxing against the water. This scene felt familiar. The dirt. The blood. The burning water. Chris looked down at her hands and saw the sticky red liquid staining her skin. She stood frozen in fear before blinking and it disappearing.
Her hands started to shake again as she ran them through her wet locks. Quickly turning the water to warm, she turned and let the water run over her back. It stung but washed out any blood, sweat and dirt that might've been on it.
Cleaning and dressing the wound proved to be very difficult after she finished showering but somehow she did it. She put on her most comfortable bra, in attempts to not disturb her wound, and slipped on a pair of Jacks old sweats she stole and a T-shirt from a summer camp she went to in 9th grade. After doing this she slipped under the covers of her bed, the feeling foreign and welcoming.
She was asleep in a matter of seconds.
-time skip-
The door to the bunker opened and in walked Sam, Dean and Cas.
"Never again are we going to hunt three vampire nests in a row." Dean grumbled.
"Oh come on it wasn't that bad." Sam tried to reason, but with one glare from Dean, backed down.
"Three months. We were gone for three months. Three months we could've spent looking for Chris."
Sam sighed. It's been almost a year since Chris disappeared. They've looked non stop for her, but Sam recently had tried getting Dean to go out and do something. Anything. And hunting seemed like the best idea. Gabriel went looking for her. About 6 months ago and hasn't contacted them since, causing Sam to spiral in his own hole of worry.
"Sam. Dean." Cas spoke.
"I know Dean. You don't think I didn't feel guilty that we've been gone so long? Because I do."
"Guys."
"Well you have a strange way of showing it!"
"I'm sorry if not all of us-"
"GUYS!" Cas shouted.
The two men looked at their trench coat wearing friend and saw what he was trying to show them. A bloody handprint on the table next to the book Dean was reading before they left.
"The blood is still slightly fresh, so whoever was here might still be nearby."
Sam and Dean put their squabble aside and started searching around the bunker for anyone who might've been here.
"DEAN. CAS. COME HERE!" Sam yelled from one of the hallways. The two men hurried and found Sam crouched down by a large puddle of semi dried blood.
"Whoever they are, they're still here." They followed the series of footprints to the bathroom, finding bloody clothes and towels, spare bandages on the floor as well.
"How much did this guy bleed?" Dean asked, kicking the bloody material with his foot.
Cas ventured out and checked the rooms as he passed them until he got to Chris's room. The door was cracked open. He'd closed it before they left.
He gently pushed the door forward, ready to find whoever intruded, instead he saw the face of his sleeping little girl. The face he thought he'd never see again. He stumbled back in shock and dean ran over to him, trying to figure out what could've gotten this reaction out of his boyfriend.
"Cas what happened?!" Dean asked panicked.
Cas just pointed in the room and Dean turned. His eyes widened when he saw Chris. Tears came to his eyes as he walked inside, Chris sleeping peacefully under her covers.
Dean carefully pushed back the hair that cling to Chris's forehead. Chris didn't wake, this being the first time she's gotten good sleep in years and the fact that she lost a LOT of blood. Still not sure how she lived. It's a miracle. Truly.
Cas had to practically force dean out of the room, trying to get him to let Chris rest. They told Sam what they found and the three of them waited in the main room for her to wake up.
-9 hours later-
Chris yawned as she woke and was immediately hit with a wave of hunger and nausea. She quickly got to her feet, stabbing pains coming back, and ran to the bathroom where she tried to throw up, but having absolutely nothing in her stomach meant there was nothing to throw up. The gagging feeling went on for about ten minutes before she was able to push herself off the ground and wash her mouth out with listerine. The fire like mint filled her mouth and she swished it a couple times before spitting it out and headed to the kitchen, hoping there was something to eat.
Her back was killing her, sending pains up the back of her neck, the beginnings of a migraine coming on.
She massaged the back of her neck and flipped the switch to the kitchen. The clock read 1103 am. Chris yawned as she searched the cabinets for some food and headache meds. She found a box of ritz crackers, a can of tomato soup and some dry pasta.
Shrugging her shoulders, she grabbed the pasta and the soup and brought them to the stove, then going to get two small pots, one filled with water.
The stove sparked to life and Chris watched as the water began to bubble before she dumped the contents of the box in. Next she opened the can and dumped that into the other pot, grabbing some seasonings that were in the cabinet next to the stove.
Her head began to pound as she waited for the food to heat up. Quickly Chris turned off the stove, dumping the noodles into a colander before transferring it to a bowl and dumping the soup on top of it to act as pasta sauce.
She grabbed a fork and went to get a glass of water when a shattering sound filled the room. Chris jumped out of her skin, dropping her bowl of spaghetti. The glass shattered at her feet, adding new cuts to the old ones that hadn't healed.
Her entire body shook with fear as she slowly turned to the person who stood in the doorway. Sam was standing there, a shocked look on his face. Chris wasn't sure how to react. She thought they were gone. Were they here the whole time? Did they know how much pain she was in and just didn't care? Did they even look for her when she was taken?
"Chris... you're up.. oh my god I thought we'd never see you again!" He said as he rushed over and hugged her. As his arms wrapped around her, they grazed her back and she let out a yelp of pain. He immediately let go, holding her at arms length.
"Chris what happened? Where have you been?"
Chris didn't want to look at Sam, memories of the time she spent in heaven forever engraved into her mind. "Chris?"
Tears filled her emerald eyes and she bent down and began to pick up the broken glass. Sam bent down next to her and gently grabbed her arm and she flinched.
"Chris? We need to tell Dean you're awake. He's been a wreck since you disappeared."
Guilt stabbed at her even if it shouldn't and she let Sam grab her hand and lead her to the library, where dean and some guy in a trench coat were talking.
"Sam did you get the coffee?" Dean asked, not looking over at his brother.
Chris looked between the two men and tried to figure out where she'd seen the trench coat guy.
"Dean." Sam said causing Dean to look over at them and it looked like he was gonna pass out.
Quickly dean ran over to the two and hugged Chris.
"Oh my god you're here... you're up..." he pulled away and watched as Chris looked like a shell of a person. "Are you okay?"
"I'm fine..." she managed to say while looking away.
"Where have you been? Who took you?!"
"A girl named Naomi. I've been in heaven."
"What? Why?"
Chris shrugged her shoulders. "It's not like they told me. They didn't drug me too much where I wouldn't give answers but just enough so I couldn't comprehend time or have any control over my actions. Their questions didn't ever make sense but they were satisfied with the answers they were getting." Her eyes were glazed over and she flexed her fists, phantom feelings of the cuffs around her wrists present.
Dean Sam and Cas exchanged a look before dean went back to talking to Chris.
"Chris why was there puddles of blood? We're you hurt?"
Chris just turned and pulled her shirt over her back a bit so they could see the bandages.
"They took something... to motivate me."
"To motivate you to do what?"
"Talk. Answer whatever they wanted."
"What did they do."
Instinctively Chris reached for her back, where her wings once lay. Her back throbbed at the thought. She closed her eyes, taking a deep breathe through her nose, before letting it out and answering.
"They broke my wing. Then they took it."
Cas's eyes widened when he heard this.
"They held me down, and snapped it. I could hear the bone crack before I felt it. I felt as they severed the skin, pulling it off me. It was one of the worst pains I've ever experienced."
Cas walked over to her and placed a still hand on her shoulder. Chris's eyes shot over to him and she studied his features for a moment before taking a step back.
"Chris? What's wrong?" Sam asked.
"You're... you're Castiel. The traitor."
The three men looked at each other, confused, and watched as Chris moved away from Cas, distrust evident on her features.

A/n: sooooo we're gonna stop here. Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I started public school this month and it's been a crazy adjustment from home school. I've already had a about 5 anxiety attacks at school. F u n. Also my amazing artist cousin is drawing examples of what Teddy and Jack look like and can't wait to share them. Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter and had/have a great week.
:):
-emo