Chapter 19: Shopping For Sophie

This one's decently long. I hope you enjoy it.

Please leave comments. Any type of feedback is appreciated and I enjoy reading comments the most.
_________________________________________

"Look who stayed after all!" Sophie teases.

"It was an accident!" Dwyer mentions.

"What happened anyway?"The horseriding girl questioned. Telling Sophie what happened would betray Soleil's trust.                                                                                         

"Soleil needed help with something"

"Help with what?"

"With...getting Selkie out of a tree"

Sophie seemed skeptical but ignored it. Dwyer decided to text his father that he's at Sophie's house, so he doesn't get in trouble going far out.

"Bus or Subway?" Sophie asks.

"Subway. We'll get there quicker"

The teens proceeded onto the Subway with no problems. The two chat and laugh on the way to the city.
"Hey" Sophie says getting the attention of Dwyer.

"Thanks again"

"For taking you clothes shopping?"

"Well I'm a little too afraid to go to the city by myself. My father has been too busy to take me shopping, so I'm glad you did"

"I'm doing it because you're starting to reek"

"Hey!"

"I'm kidding! I'm doing it because we're friends or whatever and what're friends for?"

Sophie giggles.
"You may not think it, but you're the best friend I can ever ask for"

"Because I took you clothes shopping?"

"Not only that! It's because you're taking the time out of your day to take me clothes shopping when you can be sleeping instead"

"Wouldn't you rather have a friend who would take you clothes shopping and wouldn't rather do anything else?"

"I appreciate the sentiment behind you taking me"

"Tha-"

"Just accept what I said!" Sophie interrupts.

The subway meets the station and the pair make their way to the women's clothing store that's not too far from the station. Sophie stayed close to Dwyer due to her fear of the city. Only once they make it into the store she gives Dwyer some personal space.

"Alright! Let's get started!" Sophie excitingly says

"Where are you starting?" Dwyer asks.

"Hm...I don't know..."

"Well, what kind of clothes are you going to get?"

"Just all gym clothes"

"Just...gym clothes?"

"As a gymnast and horserider I only really need gym clothes. Especially since I'm super flexible and stuff"

"So what? You're just going to get a bunch shorts then?"

"Exactly!"

"I was joking but okay"

"I'll just get a bunch of pairs of running shorts and yoga shorts"

"Are you sure you don't want anything else?"

"Well duh! Obviously I'm going to get shirts, socks and all that"