Chapter 18: Soleil's Dance

As my school year ends. Dwyer's first week ends. I still have exams next week but I'm almost done. I still have things to do over the summer but I'll at least have more time to write.

________________________________________________

A long day passed at last. The week is finally over. Dwyer managed to survive the first week. Sure he met some...interesting people but some became friends. Nina, Caeldori, Velouria, Asugi, Ophelia, Shiro and even Rhajat came to mind.

The extra period right before clubs and sports was used for students to get extra help or make up work. That just started and with no interest in any clubs or sports and no need to get extra help, it was Dwyer's time to go home. Sophie has to stay an extra period to make up the work she missed while she was sick, so he was walking home alone. The plan was to meet up with her later to get new clothes.

As Dwyer walks past the auditorium he noticed one of the doors slightly opened and heard what is close to stomping beyond it. The drama club should not have been in there yet so out of curiosity he would take a peek. Beyond the door he would see Soleil doing...something. It was...unsettling. Dwyer walked down the ramp, still not catching the attention of the pink haired girl.

"Soleil?"

"Gah! Dwyer!?" Soleil missteps and stumbles off stage fast. Dwyer sees the incoming body but attempts to move out of the way but it's too late. The only way to not be hit is to catch her. Plus it would result in neither of them getting hurt. Dwyer caught Soleil midair but they both ended up on the ground. Dwyer getting knocked to the ground and Soleil landing on the right side of Dwyer. Soleil's impact was lessened thanks to Dwyer sort of catching her.

"Are you okay?" Dwyer groans still on the ground.

"Could be better. Would've been better if one ended on top of the other" Soleil replies.

Dwyer gives her an annoyed stare.

"I was kidding!!"

"You're okay enough to make perverted jokes so I guess you're alright"

"Anyway, how much did you see?!" Soleil shouts.

"I mean I saw you spinning in circles and stomping around. Were you performing some kind of ritual?"

"No, it was a dance!"

"You're serious? That was a dance. It looked like a demon summoning ritual"

"Shut up! This is why I practice in secret! I could just die from embarrassment..."

"You didn't care if I saw you change clothes, yet you're mortified by this?"

"Well, YEAH! I'd rather people see me in my undies then them see me dance!"

"I can't tell if you're a pervert or you don't know anything about public decency and common morales"

"I practice in secret because I have zero rhythm. My father and my grandmother were fantastic dancers! But I'm terrible. You better not tell anyone!"

"I won't if it's that big a deal"

"You better own up to this!"

"What?"

"You know, for what you did!"

"Are you insinuating I was at fault for... whatever you're upset over?"

"It's whatever! Just...can you help me?"

"Help you with what?"

"Help me learn how to dance!"

"That doesn't sound like something I'd want to do..."

"Please Dwyer! Can't you help a friend out!?"

"Why me?"

"You're super talented and stuff so I thought maybe you can teach me how to dance"

"I'm decent at combat. I don't dance"

"Pleeeease!"

"Fine. Sure. I'll help you. I can't teach you but I'll do whatever I can to help you"

"S-so you'll help? Yay! Thanks Dwyer! You're a pretty good guy, I don't care what other people say about you"

"What do other people say?"

"Anyway, wanna hang out this weekend? As a celebration of you helping me?"

"Alright"

"Awesome!" Soleil cheers.
"Maybe we should go to the boardwalk or something..."

"I'll be fine with whatever"

"You're content with anything, huh?" Soleil says.
"You already have my phone number I think. I'll text you the details later"

The bell rings. The extra period is over. Dwyer accidentally ended up staying.

"We have to go before the drama club gets here. I'll text you later. See you later!"

"Bye"

They both leave the auditorium. Dwyer texts Sophie that he stayed and they'll meet in the front.