Part 6

"Ms. Quint! "

I cringed at the name, It made me feel old like a teacher who has been in this school for years.

I saw Ryan smiling and me and I sighed. He was the only one in the classroom, everyone else left.

"It's Bobby. "

"Sorry.. "

He scratched his head and laughed nervously. "Thanks for teaching us today, you're a really experienced teacher. "

I frowned at this. I was experienced? All I did was tell them to draw their partners, I even accidentally knocked over Cal's sketch and lost Zoe's pencil case when I asked her if I could borrow it.

"Just say it, Ryan. " I mumbled.

"What? "

I smiled. "C'mon, it's only me. "

He gulped and fiddled with his backpack strap. He looked deep into my eyes and I felt a shiver for how intense his stare was. It reminded me of-

"You were horrible. " he admitted. Before I could say anything, he began to bow down to me.

"I'm so so sorry! " He apologized. "You told me to say the truth and I-"

"Chill, man. " I assured him. "I'm not mad. "

"Y-you're not? " he asked.

I shook my head. "Thanks for being honest. But don't be all the time. "

"What? "

"Snakes. " I answered. "They get under your skin and find your weakness, they deceive you and backstab you, so you better dodge their venom or it'll be toxic. "

Ryan's eyes twinkled with admiration. "That was random but wow you sound really wise! "

I coughed to hide my embarrassment. "It's nothing. " Actually, it's a quote from an adventure manga that I have read and forgotten a long time ago. But I'm not telling him that. I gotta sound professional.

It seems like this kid has a lot of admiration for me but that very thought is crazy, how am I admired? I fist fighted with the most popular kid in school, injured a janitor and made a very embarrassing scene in the cafeteria.

"Can I walk with you? " he asked out of the blue and I nodded after some thought. It is nice to have a friend once in a while, Ryan was a really comforting guy with patience and I think I really need it. He was talking about his life as a kid, how he'd come to love art and why he thinks I'm so cool which took half the time we had. I wasn't complaining though, I felt like a goddess.

After we separated, I went back to Katie's office and opened the door. She was already packing her stuff, the AC already off and Ginger's bowl was stuffed for tonight. That cat greeted me with a hiss and I stuck my tongue out.

"You're back. " she smiled. "How was it? "

"Ok. " I stretched my arms, tensing my muscles. "Met students with different personalities."

"That's nice. " Katie chirped. She zipped her bag closed and faced me. "Wanna go grab dinner?"

I laughed. "Date night? "

She rolled her eyes. "No, I'm way out of your league. I jusy want to treat you, I did promise Dylan to take care of you. "

"No problem, just let me text him. " I grinned and opened my phone to contact him.

Me: Going with Katie for dinner brb around nine see u soon🍴🌌

Dylan: Finally you're socializing. Be safe👌