Part 8

"You're a bitch!" Kara screamed at me and threw her purse at my face. She left the room, making everyone silent.

"Wow." Zoe muttered as Ryan facepalmed.

An hour ago...

"So instead of shading people's faces, we'll shade objects now?" Freya asked me curiously. I nodded.

"Shading isn't just for people, when you draw an object, shading is a necessity so that the viewer will see how detailed it is or where the light is facing." I explained. After some minutes of filling up details and answering everyone's questions, I arranged the things on my desk.

"So I brought some random objects from my home." I placed them on the desk. "Pick one and draw it then before the time, I want you to put a tiny explanation on why you shaded like it is."

"So elementary." Zoe muttered. Ryan told her to keep quiet.

The aura today was kind of uneasy, Zoe was cracking up a few jokes, Cal was silent more than his usual self, Freya looked nervous and Ryan wasn't bubbly as before.

Because Kara Harington was seated with them, listening to what I was saying. Hell even I felt nervous when she stares at me as I talk.

"Begin." I said and they flipped their sketchbooks, their pencils ready and sharpened.

I sat down on the desk and observed them.. I mean, observed HER.

She was deep in thought, biting her lip as she stared at the jar before her. I don't understand why she's so cold and mean, everything about her is soft. Her hair was fluffy, her eyes turned to a soft shade of blue, her lips tender and her skin smooth and milky.

I smiled to myself, this has been the first time for so long that I am so detailed and focused on someone's physical appearance.

I glanced at the clock. 30 more minutes, I turned on my mobile phone and checked my notifications.

One Piece episode ***: updated.

My eyes widened and I held in my excitement. I looked up and they were still busy with their sketches. What else can you do waste 30 minutes? Watch an episode.

I plugged in my earphones and clicked the link. After a while, it was almost time and I quickly paused the episode. I glanced up and saw the students doing the last touches of their sketches. I stood up and observed each.

"Freya, yours is a little deformed." I said, she nodded understandingly. "Your shading is pretty good but as you can see, this side of the flashlight is wider than the other."

"Good job, Cal."

"Ryan, you aren't finished?"

"Zoe, try to make this part lighter since the light is facing that direction."

I turned to the last person, Kara. Everyone faced us, curious to the results she made.

"May I see?"

She hesitated, hiding her sketch at the back. I frowned and tried to grab it but she pulled away which made me more confused.

"What's wrong?" I asked. Kara bit her lip and sighed, she then gave me her drawing and I stared at it. Ryan looked over my shoulder, Zoe following him.

Wow.

It's so horrible.

It didn't even look like a jar, more like a deformed tower about to collapse. I looked at her and saw her cheeks red in embarrassment.

"It's not that good." she mumbled, I caught a deformed doodled face on the corner of the paper probably the result of boredom that surprisingly resembled Dylan and suddenly, I bursted out laughing which startled everyone.