No Good Pirates Part 1

The group had just successfully escaped prison in a stolen ship. It is not their first time having a run-in or two with the law but it has been agreed upon by the group to avoid getting in trouble for the most part. Now, they must remain under the radar for a little while. At least long enough for the authority to stop caring about them. As they travel through space at a steady speed they eventually start coming across other ships at one point. At first, they keep a good distance that makes the group not worried. However, they eventually start to notice that this small fleet of ships are in fact following them from afar. With ship far away, it is hard to get a good eye on who is following them. Despite them all noticing this Peter points out the obvious.

"Uhhh. Someone is closing in on us." Peter states as he starts trying to steer the ship in a different direction to see if their followers would do that same. They do.

"Is it the cops?" Rocket asks as he tries to get a look out one of the windows. He can see the about four ships a few miles away. They appear to be informed as they keep going in their direction. Gamora, Groot, Drax stare out the window trying to get a good look at the situation. On the side, a pair of binoculars can be seen and Gamora picks them up quickly and starts to use them to get a better look at their followers.

Drex looks to her. "Well?"

She stays quiet for a moment as she continues looking. She then speaks up. "It's worse. They're pirates.

Rocket glares at the thought. It would make sense after all. They're in the outer areas of the galaxy where not too much authority is around. It would make sense for a few pirates to be lurking about in the area. Yet the last thing they need is trouble and they aren't armed considering most of their valuables on their ship at the marketplace they got arrested on. They need to get back quickly or else these pirates would eventually catch up to them and probably kill them. Space pirates are well known for killing and looting and sadly the group is more than aware that they don't have anything of actual value on them.

"Let's keep our distance then," Drex comments. Gamora does not say anything else but does slowly put the binoculars down. Groot seems to have lost interest in trying to see as Rocket turns back to Peter, who happens to speak up.

"Well," Peter starts slightly nervous. "This ship we took has low fuel." He then taps lightly in one of the dials on the ship. Nearly everyone on the ship looks annoyed for a moment as they could believe their recent luck. Of course, no one checked if the ship had enough fuel. They were all so eager to escape the prison that no one brother to see if there was even enough fuel to get them far away. The worst part is that they have been flying for some time and have yet to actually look at their fuel level until now.

Rocket groans. "You got to be kidding me."

"Oh, I wish I was. This ship is very low on fuel," Quill replies back without much concern

Rocket sighs. "How low are we talking?"

Peter turns back around to the controls to give an estimate, but just as the question leaves Rocket's mouth, the ships starts coming to a slow halt. Peter does a quick double take for a second and then starts to pull a few levers and press a few buttons. However, the ship continues to slow down more and more until it finally comes to a stop. The ship stays still for the most part as it only drifts slightly due to them being in space. However, the ships following them are still coming straight towards them and they appear to not be standing down in anyway. Right after that, the power shuts off quickly.

"Really...?" Rocket mutters in the dark. A moment later, the back up generator kicks in and the light flicker back on. Though they are not as bright as they should be, they still have enough power to not lose oxygen and still have gravity on the ship. It was then that everything started going downhill. The ships kept getting closer and closer to them as the group made several attempts to try and get the ship going. However, with nearly no fuel left, there was nothing they could do. At one point they even wasted much time looking around the ship for fuel and when that didn't work they started looking for weapons that could be used. However, with the fast-approaching ships they did not have enough time to come up with a plan. Soon the pirate ships following them are just a few feet away from their own ship and it is honestly highly intimidating. The ships are larger than the ship they stole from the prison. The main ship had to easily be about ten times bigger than their ship. Soon a part of the lead pirate ship starts to slowly open up as it gets closer to them. The main ship literally engulfs their ship into the pirate's docking area. It is within seconds that all hell breaks loose.