Explosions

Dick stared at the news and put his finger to the comm in his ear. "What's the status?" He inquired and he heard Conner let out a sigh on the other end.

"We're holding them off, but more are coming. Can you send backup?" Conner then had a small coughing fit, confusing him but he didnt comment on it. "Green Arrow, Arrowette, Beastboy and Zatanna are on their way."

Then, before Conner could respond a large explosion was heard. "M'gann!" The Kryptonian yelled and the comms were cut off. Dicks breath hitched and he stared at the news.

Conner and M'gann were in Washington fighting a few of the Shadows men, M'gann was in the Whitehouse.

It was blown up.

What happened to M'gann? Will she be okay? Why did they blow it up? Did they steal anything?

Dick shook his head to get those thoughts out of his head. He called the Watchtower for a last-minute mission.  They answered immediately.

"I need you all to do to D.C. and rescue as many people as you can." Most of them looked so pale. Frightened at what they had just witnessed on the news.

"Y-yeah, got it." Beastboy replied shakily. The video cut out. Dick stared at the screen, watching to see if anything more were to happen as he got suited up.

When, another explosion happened. The capital building? How did they get into all of these important places in the first place. He pressed his comm "Already on it." Bart answered quickly.

Dick zeta tubed to D.C. to find M'gann in Supermans arms. He looked sick as he carried his fiancee. "Bring her back to the Watchtower." Conner nodded and went into the zeta tube.

"Itll be okay!" Artemis claimed, grabbing a child out of Artemis' arms. "My mommy and daddy are in there!" Another child piped up. "We're going to save them, we need you guys to stay here, though, okay?"

They nodded in unison and Artemis stood up and watched the White House for a moment before sprinting in, putting on a small oxygen mask, and putting up her hood.

All the screams were coming from one of the rooms. She ran over there to find a group of people. "Green Arrow!" One of them happily stated, Artemis nodded slightly and went over to them. A man was laying down, passed out.

Artemis quickly took her oxygen mask off and put it on him and picked the man up. "Follow me, and keep your heads down." She stated, slightly crouching down and leading them out of the building.

"Mommy! Daddy!" The children cried as they followed Artemis out. News anchors were all over the place. Focusing on Green Arrow as well as the Flash and team trying to take out the fires and help people get out of the general danger zone at both the White House and the Capitol Building.

Batman had gone after the Shadows, he only successfully got three of them. Which was enough for him.

Later

"I hate this." Bart complained, limping in, he had a broken leg. "You'll get over it." Stephanie stated, helping him over to the couch. M'gann came out, with the help of Conner. She was still a bit messed up from the fire she was exposed to.

Batman walked into the zeta tubes, three Shadows with him. "You have a lot of explaining to do." He stated, throwing them to the floor angrily.

"Were not talking." They sat up, all tied together. "I'll make you." They all turned their heads to find Zatanna, hands on her hips.