Jamal- "I can't believe I got the first date let alone a year"

Description: it's yours and Jamal's one year anniversary.
Warnings: none
***********************************
I stood looking in my mirror taking in my reflection, I pushed my hair over to one side picking up a necklace of the side and attempting to put it on.
"Need some help?" My mom asked walking in with a smile.
"Yes please" I held the necklace out to her. My mom took it walking around and placing it around my neck fastening it. "Thank you"
"You look really pretty" My mom placed her hands on my shoulder, I smiled. "Jamal's lucky. I can't believe the two of you have been together for a year" she laughed loosening my shoulders, I smiled. Today was mine and Jamal's one year anniversary, and it was the best year of my life. I loved how awkward and goofy he could be about things, the late phone calls. I always joke that if people heard are conversation they would think we were crazy but I wouldn't have it any other way. He was the one person I trusted the most, the one person I always went to and I know he feels the same.
When Jamal tried to ask me out he was a nervous wreck, he had no idea what to say, in the end I asked him. I remember the breath of relief he let out.
I remember when he first met my parents as my boyfriend, my parents already knew him as he was always around when we were just friends but he still panicked that they would be against us. Obviously they weren't they were actually glad I was going out with him.
Jamal was pretty much my first everything so far, my first kiss, first boyfriend, first I love you. I was Jamal's first girlfriend, first I love but sadly not his first kiss as that belonged to Monse but it was where they were younger.

I pushed my hair back behind my back and turned to look at my mom who was still staring at me in the mirror.
"You know you don't have to keep staring" I laughed.
"Yes I do, your growing up so fast" she pulled me into a hug. "You'll always be my little girl, no matter what"
"Mom" I whined pushing her off but with a smile.
"I know, I know" she wiped the corner of her eye. Before I could say anything the doorbell rang signalling that Jamal was here. "Go, go get the door" I smiled leaving my room and heading to the front door.

I opened the door seeing Jamal stood there holding a bunch of my favourite flowers.
"Wow" he said as soon as he saw more causing me to blush.
"Hey" I smiled.
"Hey" He was still looking me up and down. "Umm-these are for you" he handed me the flowers which I happily took.
"Thank you" I held the flowers examining them. They were truly beautiful.
"How about I take these and put them in some water and your two head off" my mom appeared at my side taking the flowers. I smiled grabbing my purse from the side and leaving my house intertwining our hands.
"So where are we going?" I asked as the two of us walked down the street hand in hand.
"Guess" he smiled down at me. I bite the inside of my cheek pretending to think.
"I don't know, please just tell me" I pleaded looking up at him.
"Think about out first date" was all he said, a smiled falling on my face. Rover's it was a small diner not far, it was the one of my favourite places and after our first place it became mine and Jamal's place. We would sit in there for hours.

After another ten minutes of we finally reached the diner. Jamal opened the door allowing me to walk in first.
"Thank you" I smiled as I walked in and towards our usual place in the diner. I took a seat Jamal sitting opposite. It wasn't long till one of the servers. Miles, came walking over to us.
"I heard it's you one year anniversary" he smiled holding his notepad, I laughed nodding my head. "I'm guessing the usual" me and Jamal both laughed. Miles nodded writing the order down and leaving the two of us.
"I'm sorry it's not anything amazing" Jamal said looking down.
"No, it's perfect. Honestly we could have stayed in and it would have been perfect" I smiled placing my hand on his. "Can you believe that a year ago we were sat in this exact diner not knowing that we do it again a year later"
"No, I mean, I can't believe I got the first date let alone a year" I smiled as Jamal spoke, I squeezed his hand reassuring him.
"You should have more faith in yourself, I would have been crazy not to go on a date with you" Jamal looked up a smile on his face.

We spent and hour or so just talking about anything and everything. After we finished the two of us headed to mine, I stood at my door looking at him.
"I love you, I hope you know that" I smiled stepping forward wrapping my arms around his shoulders standing on my tip toes.
"I love you" as soon as Jamal said those words I pulled him closer to me closing the gap between us. Every time I kissed him it was like the first time, it may sound cheesy but there was always fireworks. I pulled away still keeping my arms around his shoulders.
"I should probably head in otherwise my moms going to be peering out the window" I laughed unwrapping my arms. Jamal nodded but before he left he placed a kiss on forehead. I watched as he made his way down the drive.
"Hey Jamal!" I yelled causing him to turn and look back at me.
"Yeah" he turned round.
"Same thing next year?" I asked with a smile. Jamal nodded turning and carrying on. I unlocked my front door being bombarded by questions from my mom asking where he took me, what we spoke about, all that.

****
Hope you guys liked.
I feel like I've been neglecting Jamal and Ruby.
Anyway...
Request are open
Feel free to message me
😊