Rick just mimicked an apology back, they shared a tense hug, and then he was on his way.

     Mitch again, was less than pleased by Rick's inability to show any sort of emotion regarding Scott. He figured he'd just have to get used to that though.

     Scott was fine. Wasn't even upset with Avi that much. Just annoyed and gave him the same lecture he had given Esther and Mitch about doing the most when it came to him.

     Matt seemed confused by it all. But he reacted really sweet. Mitch nearly teared up when Matt voiced what he had basically said through text immediately after his fight, reassuring Scott that he still would be honored to work under him. And that he still held him in high regard. Even told him that the other fighters he had been around this weekend were shocked but still impressed.

     Mitch didn't leave until he was able to get a genuine reply from the man that he was okay. And he believed him. Scott actually seemed okay.

     He was welcomed back to work with open arms and expressions of relief. Apparently, people had taken the liberty to blow up the phone lines. Kirstin was just amused. It wasn't her first rodeo when it came to interesting phone interactions about him and Scott now.

     He was more than happy to find out that she loved traveling and going with Matt to his fight. Even asked if she could do it again. Mitch was happy to let her tag along as long as they got things covered at work. And now that Scott wasn't fighting next season, Mitch kinda assumed he wasn't going to have to travel to all of them. If Kirstin went for Matt then he could stay and hold down the fort.

     Things went back to normal for exactly a week. He and Scott fell right back into their normal routine. Kiss goodbye in the mornings and separate for training and work, then come home, kiss, and go to bed wrapped up together.

     Scott broke the routine, though. Mitch was glad he finally did.

     "Babe?"

     Mitch looked up from the couch. Scott was talking with a mouthful of toothpaste, toothbrush sticking out.

     "Are you free tomorrow night?"

     Scott knew he was. He came home every night. He nodded.

     "Cool. It's a date."

     Mitch smiled. "Where to?"

     Scott disappeared from the doorway for a couple of minutes before coming back out, wiping his mouth on a hand towel. "There's this place on West. Has live music and stuff most days." He plopped down on the couch next to him. "Dinner and dancing?"

     "Sounds fun." Mitch leaned back and started to pile up his papers, moving them to the coffee table. When he sat back and looked over at Scott, he was just sitting with his hands threaded behind his head.

     "Do you still feel the same about that night? Me taking you to the scenic overlook?"

     Mitch arched an eyebrow as he scrambled through thoughts to make sense of Scott's question. When he realized what he was referring to, he dawned on him that that was close to exactly a year ago. "Hmm."

     "You think being together at the time was a mistake?" Scott's head turned. He didn't sound accusatory or anything, just curious.

     "Soon after, yes. I thought it was a mistake. A month after? Yes, definitely. A year after? I don't think I do. It's a part of our story, you know? Yeah, things could have ended up better at that time but we can't change it." Mitch turned and pulled his legs under himself, propping his head up on the back of the couch with a fist against his temple. "Would you consider that our first date?" He paused, brain already formulating a better, more important question. "Why haven't we had sex on the piano?"